Android 4.5 Release to Feature iOS Makeover and Chrome Integration: Release Date and Top Features to Expect
By Precious Silva | April 28, 2014 11:56 PM EST
As Apple reportedly gears up for the release of the iOS 8, eyes are also set on Google. The Android and iOS rivalry has been going on for quite some time, new releases have become a big deal. According to recent information, Google plans on releasing Android 4.5 or Android 5.0 soon. The internet giant will be holding an I/O Conference this June 25 to 26 and people expect the company to reveal the new Android update by that time.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich speaks about a dual Windows and Android operating system during his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
Recently, reports suggest that the upcoming Android OS may go through a dramatic design makeover. The Android 4.5 is considered the contender for the next iOS 8. According to a report by Digital Trends, the Android 4.5 update may focus on a cleaner and flatter interface compared to KitKat. This should be similar to the design of the iOS 7.
Another report from Android Police also supports report saying the Android 4.5 update will have a new design different from previous Android updates. The leaked image of the new UI was referred to as the "Moonshine." According to the report, the redesigned UI on the leaked photo offers long and hard shadows. The UI also comes with prominent elements and flatter appearance. It appears compliant to the present visual sheet guidelines under Google.
Analysts think that Google wants to integrate Android and Chrome. Google wants to ensure a smooth transition between mobile and desktop platforms. It also plans on improving multitasking features of the mobile operating system.
Under the Android 4.5 mobile operating system, the multitasking view showcases action snapshots within Chromium setup. This will transform the Android 4.5 OS into an HTML5-inspired interface. This means users can do quick tasks over the internet without accessing the full app. This should be convenient for those who need to finish urgent tasks online.
Integration of HTML5 to the mobile operating system should change user experience exponentially. Analysts think that Android 4.5 may be released with the second generation Nexus 10 and the Nexus 8. More details should arise during the developer conference.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments