Roger Federer Fed Up of Being Famous?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 28, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Roger Federer has nothing against the unwavering support that he gets from his millions of followers all around globe. However, Federer sometimes couldn't come to grips with being famous when it comes to his personal and private life. While it is wonderful for sport personalities to enjoy a little bit of fame, it can be little formidable and bothersome as well, and that's the flip side of being famous.
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrates after defeating Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic in their men's singles final match at the ATP Dubai Tennis Championships, March 1, 2014. REUTERS/Ahmed Jadallah
Federer, who serves as an ambassador of Credit Suisse, recently paid a visit to its Zurich office, Tennis.si.com reported. Federer apparently strolled around the office by signing autographs and hitting some serves and volleys in a simulator. He also gave in for an hour-long "revealing interview" talking about the things that scare him and tackling on the topic of fame.
Federer said that spiders and other pests frighten him. He also revealed that he isn't at all fascinated about rollercoaster rides and extreme sports. "Spiders, I could do without," Federer said. "There are plenty of pests I can do without."
"Skydiving, bungee jumping, no way, not for me."
On Being Famous
It is easy to comprehend that people who are in the sports or entertainment industry should be prepared that their lives in front of the public eye is the repulsive incidental result of their attainments and achievements. Having had won in Grand Slam tournaments from 17 times and having had sat at the top of the world rankings for a long time, Federer will surely be flashed the bright lights of fame. As much as he likes the attention he gets, he also hates that fact that he can't have a normal private life, away from the eyes of the general public.
"You certainly don't get much of a private life, that's one disadvantage of being famous," Federer said.
"The nice thing, of course, is that people are always pleased to see you and you receive a lot of support." Federer said that people always approach him and exclaim how they it is great to finally meet him. He said the overwhelming attention that he gets from the people is a "nice feeling." Even so, Federer revealed that it is important to stay true to his goal and that is to play tennis, no matter how stressful or full of pressure the situation may be.
Meanwhile, Federer may opt not to play in the French Open, the Guardian Liberty Voice reported. Although it is still a little early to tell and Federer has not yet confirmed himself, the Web site speculated that there is a great chance that he may miss the 2014 French Open so that he can be present when his wife Mirka gives birth to their upcoming children. The duo are reportedly having another set of twins.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date