Roger Federer Fed Up of Being Famous?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 28, 2014 9:45 PM EST
Roger Federer has nothing against the unwavering support that he gets from his millions of followers all around globe. However, Federer sometimes couldn't come to grips with being famous when it comes to his personal and private life. While it is wonderful for sport personalities to enjoy a little bit of fame, it can be little formidable and bothersome as well, and that's the flip side of being famous.
Roger Federer of Switzerland celebrates after defeating Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic in their men's singles final match at the ATP Dubai Tennis Championships, March 1, 2014. REUTERS/Ahmed Jadallah
Federer, who serves as an ambassador of Credit Suisse, recently paid a visit to its Zurich office, Tennis.si.com reported. Federer apparently strolled around the office by signing autographs and hitting some serves and volleys in a simulator. He also gave in for an hour-long "revealing interview" talking about the things that scare him and tackling on the topic of fame.
Federer said that spiders and other pests frighten him. He also revealed that he isn't at all fascinated about rollercoaster rides and extreme sports. "Spiders, I could do without," Federer said. "There are plenty of pests I can do without."
"Skydiving, bungee jumping, no way, not for me."
On Being Famous
It is easy to comprehend that people who are in the sports or entertainment industry should be prepared that their lives in front of the public eye is the repulsive incidental result of their attainments and achievements. Having had won in Grand Slam tournaments from 17 times and having had sat at the top of the world rankings for a long time, Federer will surely be flashed the bright lights of fame. As much as he likes the attention he gets, he also hates that fact that he can't have a normal private life, away from the eyes of the general public.
"You certainly don't get much of a private life, that's one disadvantage of being famous," Federer said.
"The nice thing, of course, is that people are always pleased to see you and you receive a lot of support." Federer said that people always approach him and exclaim how they it is great to finally meet him. He said the overwhelming attention that he gets from the people is a "nice feeling." Even so, Federer revealed that it is important to stay true to his goal and that is to play tennis, no matter how stressful or full of pressure the situation may be.
Meanwhile, Federer may opt not to play in the French Open, the Guardian Liberty Voice reported. Although it is still a little early to tell and Federer has not yet confirmed himself, the Web site speculated that there is a great chance that he may miss the 2014 French Open so that he can be present when his wife Mirka gives birth to their upcoming children. The duo are reportedly having another set of twins.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories