Dark Souls 2 PC: Bandai Namco Releases Official List of PC Issues
By Aditya Bhat | April 28, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Dark Souls 2, which was recently released for PC, has been bogged down by problems that were not seen when developer From Software and publisher Bandai Namco launched the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Dark Souls 2 PC was released on 25 April.
Bandai Namco is now developing workarounds for some of the issues listed. The company acknowledged the issues with the game's PC version, and confirmed it is working on problems like crashes and controller issues. It has also stated that the PC version will soon get a patch that will fix many of the issues in the "next few" days. (See: Dark Souls 2: New Workaround for Start-up Crash in Game's PC Version) (See also: Dark Souls 2: Game Gets New Graphics Mod from Modder Who Improved Darks Souls PC Port)
The publisher posted on the Steam Community Page, thanking players for identifying problems and promised that the company will investigate all problems that affected the game. Here is a list of issues which have been highlighted by the publisher and their fixes:
- Game crashes on startup: A fix is in the works and will be deployed in the next few days. Possible workarounds can be found here.
- Inability to play previous VAC banned players - The issue has been moved to relevant parties. This space will be updated.
- Not taking inputs from controller, not recognizing it - Try this when there are problems: "Open up Device Manager and under Human Interface Devices, right click and disable all HID-compliant game controllers, and if you have a G13 disable the Logitch G13 Joystick. Restart the game and it should work. You may also need to disable any virtual HID-compliant game controllers as well."
- Pre-order bonuses: "Should be located in "x:SteamSteamAppscommonDark Souls 2DARK SOULS 2- DIGITAL EXTRAS" if you have it. Make sure you have the preorder content listed under the game's DLC as well."
- Other issues: If you are experiencing any other technical issues with Dark Souls II, please get in touch with the support team.
Apart from the list by Bandai Namco, Reddit Support Thread has also listed some problems faced by the players, and also some possible fixes and reasons:
General game problems
1. Crashing on startup.
2. Invisible bloodstains, messages and items - Some cases seem to be caused by DS2, using an integrated graphics card, rather than the primary graphics card.
3. Game may occasionally minimize to desktop - Possibly caused by other programs trying to update. Disabling java/flash auto-updates may solve the problem.
Input and control problems
1. Significant mouse input lag.
2. Double click not registering properly.
3. People having trouble with saving keybinds.
4. There is no "two hand left weapon" option.
5. Input equivalents.
6. Stuck blocking/running/walking Constant blocking can be toggled with the 'lock guard' keybind.(default m) 'Auto-walk'(default z) and 'auto-dash'(default x) toggle walk and sprint, respectively.
The game was released for PC on 25 April with 720p resolution.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness