Dark Souls 2 PC: Bandai Namco Releases Official List of PC Issues
By Aditya Bhat | April 28, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Dark Souls 2, which was recently released for PC, has been bogged down by problems that were not seen when developer From Software and publisher Bandai Namco launched the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Dark Souls 2 PC was released on 25 April.
Bandai Namco is now developing workarounds for some of the issues listed. The company acknowledged the issues with the game's PC version, and confirmed it is working on problems like crashes and controller issues. It has also stated that the PC version will soon get a patch that will fix many of the issues in the "next few" days. (See: Dark Souls 2: New Workaround for Start-up Crash in Game's PC Version) (See also: Dark Souls 2: Game Gets New Graphics Mod from Modder Who Improved Darks Souls PC Port)
The publisher posted on the Steam Community Page, thanking players for identifying problems and promised that the company will investigate all problems that affected the game. Here is a list of issues which have been highlighted by the publisher and their fixes:
- Game crashes on startup: A fix is in the works and will be deployed in the next few days. Possible workarounds can be found here.
- Inability to play previous VAC banned players - The issue has been moved to relevant parties. This space will be updated.
- Not taking inputs from controller, not recognizing it - Try this when there are problems: "Open up Device Manager and under Human Interface Devices, right click and disable all HID-compliant game controllers, and if you have a G13 disable the Logitch G13 Joystick. Restart the game and it should work. You may also need to disable any virtual HID-compliant game controllers as well."
- Pre-order bonuses: "Should be located in "x:SteamSteamAppscommonDark Souls 2DARK SOULS 2- DIGITAL EXTRAS" if you have it. Make sure you have the preorder content listed under the game's DLC as well."
- Other issues: If you are experiencing any other technical issues with Dark Souls II, please get in touch with the support team.
Apart from the list by Bandai Namco, Reddit Support Thread has also listed some problems faced by the players, and also some possible fixes and reasons:
General game problems
1. Crashing on startup.
2. Invisible bloodstains, messages and items - Some cases seem to be caused by DS2, using an integrated graphics card, rather than the primary graphics card.
3. Game may occasionally minimize to desktop - Possibly caused by other programs trying to update. Disabling java/flash auto-updates may solve the problem.
Input and control problems
1. Significant mouse input lag.
2. Double click not registering properly.
3. People having trouble with saving keybinds.
4. There is no "two hand left weapon" option.
5. Input equivalents.
6. Stuck blocking/running/walking Constant blocking can be toggled with the 'lock guard' keybind.(default m) 'Auto-walk'(default z) and 'auto-dash'(default x) toggle walk and sprint, respectively.
The game was released for PC on 25 April with 720p resolution.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia