Honda Activa 125 Goes Official; Bookings, Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | April 28, 2014 7:30 PM EST
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited Activa 125 , with a price tag of 56,607.
Activa 125, Honda's newest offering in the Activa lineup, has been in the headlines since its debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014. The bookings for Activa 125 had commenced earlier this month, and the company is likely to start the delivery soon.
On the mechanical front, the new avatar of the latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm and comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission. It measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width and 1,151 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. Promising a fuel efficiency of 60-65 kmpl, Activa 125 is the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment to come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET).
Activa 125 will be pitted against the current leaders in the segment - Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo and will be offered in four colour variants in the sub-continent market - midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver. Lookswise, the new Activa 125 is not much different from its siblings but houses some attractive features.
It features telescopic fork suspension at the front, hydraulic type at the rear and accommodates features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body. The scooter is offered in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (disc brakes & alloys).
Activa 125 Standard carries a price tag of 56,607(ex-showroom, Mumbai) and the Deluxe Variant is priced at 62,588(ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Technical Specifications of Honda Activa 125
Engine Type 4Stroke, Air Cooled, SI Engine
Max Power 6.38 Kw (8.6 Bhp)@6500 rpm
Max Torque 10.12 Nm@5500 rpm
Starting Self & Kick
Front Telescopic Suspension
Rear Spring Loaded Hydraulic Type
Frame Underbone Type
Wheel Base 1260mm
Ground Clearance 155mm
Seat Height 765mm
Front Tubeless Tyres
Rear Tubeless Tyres
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015