Honda Activa 125 Goes Official; Bookings, Price, Features Details
By greeshma m | April 28, 2014 7:30 PM EST
Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) finally pulled the wraps off its much-awaited Activa 125 , with a price tag of 56,607.
Activa 125, Honda's newest offering in the Activa lineup, has been in the headlines since its debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014. The bookings for Activa 125 had commenced earlier this month, and the company is likely to start the delivery soon.
On the mechanical front, the new avatar of the latest Activa packs a 125cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine, which can churn out a power of 8.6bhp at 6500 rpm and a peak torque of 10.12 Nm at 5500 rpm and comes mated to a V-Matic CVT transmission. It measures 1,814 mm in length, 704 mm in width and 1,151 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 1,260 mm. Promising a fuel efficiency of 60-65 kmpl, Activa 125 is the first Honda scooter in the 125cc segment to come with Honda Efficiency Technology (HET).
Activa 125 will be pitted against the current leaders in the segment - Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo and will be offered in four colour variants in the sub-continent market - midnight blue, black, pearl white and sword silver. Lookswise, the new Activa 125 is not much different from its siblings but houses some attractive features.
It features telescopic fork suspension at the front, hydraulic type at the rear and accommodates features like optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter and metal body. The scooter is offered in two variants - Standard (with drum brakes) and Deluxe (disc brakes & alloys).
Activa 125 Standard carries a price tag of 56,607(ex-showroom, Mumbai) and the Deluxe Variant is priced at 62,588(ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Technical Specifications of Honda Activa 125
Engine Type 4Stroke, Air Cooled, SI Engine
Max Power 6.38 Kw (8.6 Bhp)@6500 rpm
Max Torque 10.12 Nm@5500 rpm
Starting Self & Kick
Front Telescopic Suspension
Rear Spring Loaded Hydraulic Type
Frame Underbone Type
Wheel Base 1260mm
Ground Clearance 155mm
Seat Height 765mm
Front Tubeless Tyres
Rear Tubeless Tyres
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate