Columbus Short Fired from ABC's 'Scandal' -- No More Harrison Wright in Season 4?
By Tanya Diente | April 28, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Columbus Short won't be returning to the US TV Show "Scandal". The sudsy drama "Scandal" will be missing Harrison Wright, Short's character in the series.
ABC via Getty Images
SCANDAL - "Flesh and Blood" - A security breach calls for an all hands on deck situation at OPA. Fitz's re-election campaign becomes stalled and he considers going against Olivia's advice. Meanwhile, Adnan and Maya continue to plot their next move, on ABC's "Scandal,".
ABC hasn't divulged the reason why it chose not to renew Columbus Short's contract. But speculations have surfaced which could pertain to Short's personal 'scandals' outside the show.
Last month in Los Angeles, the 31 year old, who plays Harrison Wright in "Scandal" was arrested for felony charges when he allegedly hit another man at a restaurant. Likewise, Columbus Short was charged with misdemeanour and spousal battery to which he pleaded not guilty. His wife Tanee Short had issued a restraining order against him when the latter claimed that Columbus tried to kill her by pinning her down and choking her. She claimed Columbus Short threatened to stab her, even placed a knife to her throat, unless she admitted to having affairs.
A judge ordered Columbus to stay away from his wife and Tanee Short has since filed for divorce after nine years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.
Below is Columbus Short's parting message for his "Scandal" family:
"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank [creator] Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."
Some fans were not surprised at all on ABC's decision to end Short's contract.
— The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis) April 25, 2014
Goodbye Harrison, Goodbye. We hardly knew you. Like at all. You had zero storylines in 3 seasons. #Scandal http://t.co/eJI6PqnfER via @EW — Fallon Atta-Mensah (@Fallonam) April 25, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate