Columbus Short Fired from ABC's 'Scandal' -- No More Harrison Wright in Season 4?
By Tanya Diente | April 28, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Columbus Short won't be returning to the US TV Show "Scandal". The sudsy drama "Scandal" will be missing Harrison Wright, Short's character in the series.
ABC via Getty Images
SCANDAL - "Flesh and Blood" - A security breach calls for an all hands on deck situation at OPA. Fitz's re-election campaign becomes stalled and he considers going against Olivia's advice. Meanwhile, Adnan and Maya continue to plot their next move, on ABC's "Scandal,".
ABC hasn't divulged the reason why it chose not to renew Columbus Short's contract. But speculations have surfaced which could pertain to Short's personal 'scandals' outside the show.
Last month in Los Angeles, the 31 year old, who plays Harrison Wright in "Scandal" was arrested for felony charges when he allegedly hit another man at a restaurant. Likewise, Columbus Short was charged with misdemeanour and spousal battery to which he pleaded not guilty. His wife Tanee Short had issued a restraining order against him when the latter claimed that Columbus tried to kill her by pinning her down and choking her. She claimed Columbus Short threatened to stab her, even placed a knife to her throat, unless she admitted to having affairs.
A judge ordered Columbus to stay away from his wife and Tanee Short has since filed for divorce after nine years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.
Below is Columbus Short's parting message for his "Scandal" family:
"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank [creator] Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."
Some fans were not surprised at all on ABC's decision to end Short's contract.
— The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis) April 25, 2014
Goodbye Harrison, Goodbye. We hardly knew you. Like at all. You had zero storylines in 3 seasons. #Scandal http://t.co/eJI6PqnfER via @EW — Fallon Atta-Mensah (@Fallonam) April 25, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims