Columbus Short Fired from ABC's 'Scandal' -- No More Harrison Wright in Season 4?
By Tanya Diente | April 28, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Columbus Short won't be returning to the US TV Show "Scandal". The sudsy drama "Scandal" will be missing Harrison Wright, Short's character in the series.
ABC via Getty Images
SCANDAL - "Flesh and Blood" - A security breach calls for an all hands on deck situation at OPA. Fitz's re-election campaign becomes stalled and he considers going against Olivia's advice. Meanwhile, Adnan and Maya continue to plot their next move, on ABC's "Scandal,".
ABC hasn't divulged the reason why it chose not to renew Columbus Short's contract. But speculations have surfaced which could pertain to Short's personal 'scandals' outside the show.
Last month in Los Angeles, the 31 year old, who plays Harrison Wright in "Scandal" was arrested for felony charges when he allegedly hit another man at a restaurant. Likewise, Columbus Short was charged with misdemeanour and spousal battery to which he pleaded not guilty. His wife Tanee Short had issued a restraining order against him when the latter claimed that Columbus tried to kill her by pinning her down and choking her. She claimed Columbus Short threatened to stab her, even placed a knife to her throat, unless she admitted to having affairs.
A judge ordered Columbus to stay away from his wife and Tanee Short has since filed for divorce after nine years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.
Below is Columbus Short's parting message for his "Scandal" family:
"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank [creator] Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."
Some fans were not surprised at all on ABC's decision to end Short's contract.
— The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis) April 25, 2014
Goodbye Harrison, Goodbye. We hardly knew you. Like at all. You had zero storylines in 3 seasons. #Scandal http://t.co/eJI6PqnfER via @EW — Fallon Atta-Mensah (@Fallonam) April 25, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June