Columbus Short Fired from ABC's 'Scandal' -- No More Harrison Wright in Season 4?
By Tanya Diente | April 28, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Columbus Short won't be returning to the US TV Show "Scandal". The sudsy drama "Scandal" will be missing Harrison Wright, Short's character in the series.
ABC via Getty Images
SCANDAL - "Flesh and Blood" - A security breach calls for an all hands on deck situation at OPA. Fitz's re-election campaign becomes stalled and he considers going against Olivia's advice. Meanwhile, Adnan and Maya continue to plot their next move, on ABC's "Scandal,".
ABC hasn't divulged the reason why it chose not to renew Columbus Short's contract. But speculations have surfaced which could pertain to Short's personal 'scandals' outside the show.
Last month in Los Angeles, the 31 year old, who plays Harrison Wright in "Scandal" was arrested for felony charges when he allegedly hit another man at a restaurant. Likewise, Columbus Short was charged with misdemeanour and spousal battery to which he pleaded not guilty. His wife Tanee Short had issued a restraining order against him when the latter claimed that Columbus tried to kill her by pinning her down and choking her. She claimed Columbus Short threatened to stab her, even placed a knife to her throat, unless she admitted to having affairs.
A judge ordered Columbus to stay away from his wife and Tanee Short has since filed for divorce after nine years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.
Below is Columbus Short's parting message for his "Scandal" family:
"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today. I would like to first thank [creator] Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast. Thank you GLADIATORS, who have supported me throughout my entire career and of course to ABC and Shondaland for allowing me to play such a pivotal role in the Scandal series. I have enjoyed every single minute of it. Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas. I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."
Some fans were not surprised at all on ABC's decision to end Short's contract.
— The Kitchenista (@MissAngelaDavis) April 25, 2014
Goodbye Harrison, Goodbye. We hardly knew you. Like at all. You had zero storylines in 3 seasons. #Scandal http://t.co/eJI6PqnfER via @EW — Fallon Atta-Mensah (@Fallonam) April 25, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories