‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 4 Recap and Spoliers: Merciless Daenerys and Changed Jaime
By Sachin Trivedi | April 28, 2014 6:51 PM EST
The characters of "Game of Thrones" have slowly evolved over the years and episode 4 of season 4 shows just how different the characters have become. Daenerys Targaryen has become a queen with a powerful personality while Jaime Lannister has gone from King Slayer to oath keeper.
Another city has fallen to Daenerys Targaryen and her army of Unsullied. Sir Barristan advised her to be merciful towards the former masters of the city, but she did not budge. The former masters were nailed to a post and left to die.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 has shown Daenerys Targaryen to have become a strong and decisive leader. Is she turning into a tyrant? Many of the freed slaves call her Mhysa or mother but she is ruthless when it comes to her enemies.
Jaime Lannister who was once smug and arrogant has become more humble. Perhaps losing his arm and the company of the righteous Brienne has fully changed his personality. He was asked by Cersei to find and kill Sansa but he has other plans.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 portrays Jaime as someone who keeps his promises, he gave his sword made of Valyrian steel to Brienne and asked her to find Sansa and keep her safe. The sword he gave her is now named Oath Keeper. He had promised Sansa's mother that he would bring her daughter safely to her.
Things have changed for Jon Snow at The Wall as well; he is no longer an impulsive boy who rushes to do battle but a leader who has a sizeable following. However he still has enemies like Alliser Thorne who would rather see him dead.
One of the most important reasons for fans to watch this episode of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is to have a better understanding of the White Walkers. Fans get to see what exactly they do with new born boys that are offered to the White Walkers.
Little Finger confessed to Sansa that he had a hand in the murder of King Joffrey and said that he made new friends by killing him. Olenna Tyrell hints to Margaery that she may have had the boy king murdered.
The things to look forward to in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 include the trial of Tyrion, elections of Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, the reign of Daenerys at Meereen and the marriage of Little Finger to Lady Lysa.
More Articles to Read
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' New Trailer Released-Fans Ask Why Charles is Walking [Read]
Barry O'Farrell Resigns Over a Bottle of Wine and Bad Memory [Read]
Box Office Report - 'Rio' 2 Fails to Stop the March of 'Captain America' 2 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko