‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 4 Recap and Spoliers: Merciless Daenerys and Changed Jaime
By Sachin Trivedi | April 28, 2014 6:51 PM EST
The characters of "Game of Thrones" have slowly evolved over the years and episode 4 of season 4 shows just how different the characters have become. Daenerys Targaryen has become a queen with a powerful personality while Jaime Lannister has gone from King Slayer to oath keeper.
Another city has fallen to Daenerys Targaryen and her army of Unsullied. Sir Barristan advised her to be merciful towards the former masters of the city, but she did not budge. The former masters were nailed to a post and left to die.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 has shown Daenerys Targaryen to have become a strong and decisive leader. Is she turning into a tyrant? Many of the freed slaves call her Mhysa or mother but she is ruthless when it comes to her enemies.
Jaime Lannister who was once smug and arrogant has become more humble. Perhaps losing his arm and the company of the righteous Brienne has fully changed his personality. He was asked by Cersei to find and kill Sansa but he has other plans.
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 portrays Jaime as someone who keeps his promises, he gave his sword made of Valyrian steel to Brienne and asked her to find Sansa and keep her safe. The sword he gave her is now named Oath Keeper. He had promised Sansa's mother that he would bring her daughter safely to her.
Things have changed for Jon Snow at The Wall as well; he is no longer an impulsive boy who rushes to do battle but a leader who has a sizeable following. However he still has enemies like Alliser Thorne who would rather see him dead.
One of the most important reasons for fans to watch this episode of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is to have a better understanding of the White Walkers. Fans get to see what exactly they do with new born boys that are offered to the White Walkers.
Little Finger confessed to Sansa that he had a hand in the murder of King Joffrey and said that he made new friends by killing him. Olenna Tyrell hints to Margaery that she may have had the boy king murdered.
The things to look forward to in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 include the trial of Tyrion, elections of Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, the reign of Daenerys at Meereen and the marriage of Little Finger to Lady Lysa.
More Articles to Read
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' New Trailer Released-Fans Ask Why Charles is Walking [Read]
Barry O'Farrell Resigns Over a Bottle of Wine and Bad Memory [Read]
Box Office Report - 'Rio' 2 Fails to Stop the March of 'Captain America' 2 [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2