Mass Effect Trilogy Releasing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Reveals Chilean Retailer Listings
By Aditya Bhat | April 28, 2014 6:05 PM EST
The popular sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect from developers BioWare and publishers EA is likely to be released on the next-generation video gaming consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This information was leaked by a Chilean retailer, who listed Mass Effect Trilogy's release for next-generation consoles, on its website.
Mass Effect Trilogy includes Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 video games.
However, the retailer ZMart has not given any information on its release date, price or any other details on the suggested reveal. But it allows customers to sign up to receive notification when the games will be available.
Previous statements from BioWare developers has suggested clearly that the Trilogy will indeed release for the next generation video game consoles, igniting hopes among patrons of the game.
BioWare's Aaryn Flynn had said that the company is discussing the possibility of porting Mass Effect Trilogy for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when answering a question put forward by a fan.
"We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen," he tweeted in reply to a fan question in March 2014.
Mass Effect Trilogy was released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late December, 2012.
There has been a growing trend in releasing last-generation games for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The recent of such releases were Square Enix's Tomb Raider: Definite Edition in February, Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and Sony's The Last of Us has been confirmed for PlayStation with a scheduled June release.
Currently however, BioWare is already working on the next Mass Effect video game in the franchise, tentatively titled Mass Effect 4, which will not be featuring the famous protagonist Commander Shepard, who has been the face of Mass Effect. Flynn had further hinted that Mass Effect 4 is playable and described it as "Ambitious, beautiful, fresh but recognizable. and fun," after he played the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch