Mass Effect Trilogy Releasing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Reveals Chilean Retailer Listings
By Aditya Bhat | April 28, 2014 6:05 PM EST
The popular sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect from developers BioWare and publishers EA is likely to be released on the next-generation video gaming consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This information was leaked by a Chilean retailer, who listed Mass Effect Trilogy's release for next-generation consoles, on its website.
Mass Effect Trilogy includes Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 video games.
However, the retailer ZMart has not given any information on its release date, price or any other details on the suggested reveal. But it allows customers to sign up to receive notification when the games will be available.
Previous statements from BioWare developers has suggested clearly that the Trilogy will indeed release for the next generation video game consoles, igniting hopes among patrons of the game.
BioWare's Aaryn Flynn had said that the company is discussing the possibility of porting Mass Effect Trilogy for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when answering a question put forward by a fan.
"We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen," he tweeted in reply to a fan question in March 2014.
Mass Effect Trilogy was released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late December, 2012.
There has been a growing trend in releasing last-generation games for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The recent of such releases were Square Enix's Tomb Raider: Definite Edition in February, Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and Sony's The Last of Us has been confirmed for PlayStation with a scheduled June release.
Currently however, BioWare is already working on the next Mass Effect video game in the franchise, tentatively titled Mass Effect 4, which will not be featuring the famous protagonist Commander Shepard, who has been the face of Mass Effect. Flynn had further hinted that Mass Effect 4 is playable and described it as "Ambitious, beautiful, fresh but recognizable. and fun," after he played the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June