Mass Effect Trilogy Releasing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Reveals Chilean Retailer Listings
By Aditya Bhat | April 28, 2014 6:05 PM EST
The popular sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect from developers BioWare and publishers EA is likely to be released on the next-generation video gaming consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This information was leaked by a Chilean retailer, who listed Mass Effect Trilogy's release for next-generation consoles, on its website.
Mass Effect Trilogy includes Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 video games.
However, the retailer ZMart has not given any information on its release date, price or any other details on the suggested reveal. But it allows customers to sign up to receive notification when the games will be available.
Previous statements from BioWare developers has suggested clearly that the Trilogy will indeed release for the next generation video game consoles, igniting hopes among patrons of the game.
BioWare's Aaryn Flynn had said that the company is discussing the possibility of porting Mass Effect Trilogy for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when answering a question put forward by a fan.
"We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen," he tweeted in reply to a fan question in March 2014.
Mass Effect Trilogy was released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late December, 2012.
There has been a growing trend in releasing last-generation games for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The recent of such releases were Square Enix's Tomb Raider: Definite Edition in February, Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and Sony's The Last of Us has been confirmed for PlayStation with a scheduled June release.
Currently however, BioWare is already working on the next Mass Effect video game in the franchise, tentatively titled Mass Effect 4, which will not be featuring the famous protagonist Commander Shepard, who has been the face of Mass Effect. Flynn had further hinted that Mass Effect 4 is playable and described it as "Ambitious, beautiful, fresh but recognizable. and fun," after he played the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS