Mass Effect Trilogy Releasing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Reveals Chilean Retailer Listings
By Aditya Bhat | April 28, 2014 6:05 PM EST
The popular sci-fi RPG, Mass Effect from developers BioWare and publishers EA is likely to be released on the next-generation video gaming consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This information was leaked by a Chilean retailer, who listed Mass Effect Trilogy's release for next-generation consoles, on its website.
Mass Effect Trilogy includes Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 video games.
However, the retailer ZMart has not given any information on its release date, price or any other details on the suggested reveal. But it allows customers to sign up to receive notification when the games will be available.
Previous statements from BioWare developers has suggested clearly that the Trilogy will indeed release for the next generation video game consoles, igniting hopes among patrons of the game.
BioWare's Aaryn Flynn had said that the company is discussing the possibility of porting Mass Effect Trilogy for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when answering a question put forward by a fan.
"We have discussed that internally. If we can put solid plans together we'll share. Great to hear you're keen," he tweeted in reply to a fan question in March 2014.
Mass Effect Trilogy was released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late December, 2012.
There has been a growing trend in releasing last-generation games for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The recent of such releases were Square Enix's Tomb Raider: Definite Edition in February, Ubisoft's Rayman Legends and Sony's The Last of Us has been confirmed for PlayStation with a scheduled June release.
Currently however, BioWare is already working on the next Mass Effect video game in the franchise, tentatively titled Mass Effect 4, which will not be featuring the famous protagonist Commander Shepard, who has been the face of Mass Effect. Flynn had further hinted that Mass Effect 4 is playable and described it as "Ambitious, beautiful, fresh but recognizable. and fun," after he played the game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools