Miley Cyrus Hospitalization More than What it Seems, Friends Speculate Actress Going through Drugs Detox
By Annie Dee | April 28, 2014 6:03 PM EST
Miley Cyrus was hospitalized recently and it was allegedly because of a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic that she has been taking in for sinus infection. Very few believed that was the case, especially since allergic reactions are often treated by a strong steroid and if the allergy is strong, an IV filled with meds can be given to offset the reaction. Being hospitalized because of an allergic reaction, no matter how severe, can sound superfluous and impossible. But if that is the case, no one can say otherwise really.
Singer Miley Cyrus twerks with a dancer dressed as Santa Claus as she performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
Friends and fans however have a different notion about the reason why Miley Cyrus was hospitalized. It is quite hard for a celebrity to be admitted to an hospital and even be granted an extended stay, so Miley's handlers version of events sounds quite sketchy. The May 5 print edition of Star magazine will publish a story of her friends believing that Miley was hospitalized not for allergic reactions but because her hard partying and workaholic style has finally caught up with her, causing her to collapse. Her one week stay in the hospital is also speculated to be a detox program that Miley's handlers do not want her fans to know about. Miley Cyrus using drugs is not a secret and some people will actually say she is a proud user. Being hospitalized because of it may just be a tad scandalous and embarrassing.
On the other hand, fans can also just take her handlers' word for it and believe she has both a sinus infection and a severe allergic reaction, and she checked herself in a hospital for a week to make sure she recovered fully. The fact that Miley's inability to stop partying is not necessarily a secret, her doctors probably deem it as a best precaution to admit her to make sure that she didn't use any other drugs that could have negatively interacted with the antibiotics that she needed and further aggravate her condition.
Either way, being hospitalized just might be a blessing in disguise. Everyone can see how hard she works and then parties, so that one week stay at the hospital just might have given her the rest she badly needs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop