Miley Cyrus Hospitalization More than What it Seems, Friends Speculate Actress Going through Drugs Detox
By Annie Dee | April 28, 2014 6:03 PM EST
Miley Cyrus was hospitalized recently and it was allegedly because of a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic that she has been taking in for sinus infection. Very few believed that was the case, especially since allergic reactions are often treated by a strong steroid and if the allergy is strong, an IV filled with meds can be given to offset the reaction. Being hospitalized because of an allergic reaction, no matter how severe, can sound superfluous and impossible. But if that is the case, no one can say otherwise really.
Singer Miley Cyrus twerks with a dancer dressed as Santa Claus as she performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
Friends and fans however have a different notion about the reason why Miley Cyrus was hospitalized. It is quite hard for a celebrity to be admitted to an hospital and even be granted an extended stay, so Miley's handlers version of events sounds quite sketchy. The May 5 print edition of Star magazine will publish a story of her friends believing that Miley was hospitalized not for allergic reactions but because her hard partying and workaholic style has finally caught up with her, causing her to collapse. Her one week stay in the hospital is also speculated to be a detox program that Miley's handlers do not want her fans to know about. Miley Cyrus using drugs is not a secret and some people will actually say she is a proud user. Being hospitalized because of it may just be a tad scandalous and embarrassing.
On the other hand, fans can also just take her handlers' word for it and believe she has both a sinus infection and a severe allergic reaction, and she checked herself in a hospital for a week to make sure she recovered fully. The fact that Miley's inability to stop partying is not necessarily a secret, her doctors probably deem it as a best precaution to admit her to make sure that she didn't use any other drugs that could have negatively interacted with the antibiotics that she needed and further aggravate her condition.
Either way, being hospitalized just might be a blessing in disguise. Everyone can see how hard she works and then parties, so that one week stay at the hospital just might have given her the rest she badly needs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists