How Did George Clooney's Lady Love Amal Alamuddin Win Over the Commitment-Phobic Actor? Find Out Details Here
By nidhi tewari | April 28, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Ever wondered how the most eligible bachelor in town George Clooney got hooked to and even reportedly engaged to British beauty with brains, Amal Alamuddin? Everyone is wondering how Alamuddin, who is an adviser to former UN Secretary general Kofi Annan - now the special envoy to Syria, got George so interested in her that he lost his commitment phobia completely?
US actor George Clooney poses with actress Sandra Bullock during a photo call at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice August 28, 2013. Clooney and Bullock star in Alfonso Cuaron's movie Gravity, which debuts at the festival.
Was it Amal's intelligence that won George over? Well, to some extent yes but according to industry insiders, Amal played the old trick which women folk deploy to keep men interested in them. According to Daily Mail, the 36-year-old lawyer from Britain turned down Clooney's offer to go out on a dinner with her twice. She refused twice saying she was "too busy" but later had to accept. And when she did, she treated the 52-year-old Hollywood heartthrob very normally and not like a star.
"She was operating on the lines of "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" and clearly it worked. Clooney was beguiled by her and she had the upper hand," a source close to Clooney and Amal told the Web site.
"What he likes about her is that she treats him normally...... She has met a whole bunch of A-listers through him and is seemingly quite cool about it, though you suspect she's loving it," added the source.
The pair have been spotted together holidaying in Tanzania, Seychelles, New York and even Dubai. The "Oceans Eleven" actor has even met Amal's parents though her mother Baria has declined to comment on the relationship.
"I'm so sorry but I can't comment. She is my daughter and you understand it is very private," the mother of Amal told the Web site.
Amal's engagement news with Clooney has prompted her to delete her Twitter account that once had more than 1,800 followers, which included Ashton Kutcher too. The woman has also been named as the London's hottest female barrister. Clooney will turn 53 next month in May. Do you think he will get married to Amal or it is just another one of his flings?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal