How Did George Clooney's Lady Love Amal Alamuddin Win Over the Commitment-Phobic Actor? Find Out Details Here
By nidhi tewari | April 28, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Ever wondered how the most eligible bachelor in town George Clooney got hooked to and even reportedly engaged to British beauty with brains, Amal Alamuddin? Everyone is wondering how Alamuddin, who is an adviser to former UN Secretary general Kofi Annan - now the special envoy to Syria, got George so interested in her that he lost his commitment phobia completely?
US actor George Clooney poses with actress Sandra Bullock during a photo call at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice August 28, 2013. Clooney and Bullock star in Alfonso Cuaron's movie Gravity, which debuts at the festival.
Was it Amal's intelligence that won George over? Well, to some extent yes but according to industry insiders, Amal played the old trick which women folk deploy to keep men interested in them. According to Daily Mail, the 36-year-old lawyer from Britain turned down Clooney's offer to go out on a dinner with her twice. She refused twice saying she was "too busy" but later had to accept. And when she did, she treated the 52-year-old Hollywood heartthrob very normally and not like a star.
"She was operating on the lines of "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" and clearly it worked. Clooney was beguiled by her and she had the upper hand," a source close to Clooney and Amal told the Web site.
"What he likes about her is that she treats him normally...... She has met a whole bunch of A-listers through him and is seemingly quite cool about it, though you suspect she's loving it," added the source.
The pair have been spotted together holidaying in Tanzania, Seychelles, New York and even Dubai. The "Oceans Eleven" actor has even met Amal's parents though her mother Baria has declined to comment on the relationship.
"I'm so sorry but I can't comment. She is my daughter and you understand it is very private," the mother of Amal told the Web site.
Amal's engagement news with Clooney has prompted her to delete her Twitter account that once had more than 1,800 followers, which included Ashton Kutcher too. The woman has also been named as the London's hottest female barrister. Clooney will turn 53 next month in May. Do you think he will get married to Amal or it is just another one of his flings?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'