How Did George Clooney's Lady Love Amal Alamuddin Win Over the Commitment-Phobic Actor? Find Out Details Here
By nidhi tewari | April 28, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Ever wondered how the most eligible bachelor in town George Clooney got hooked to and even reportedly engaged to British beauty with brains, Amal Alamuddin? Everyone is wondering how Alamuddin, who is an adviser to former UN Secretary general Kofi Annan - now the special envoy to Syria, got George so interested in her that he lost his commitment phobia completely?
US actor George Clooney poses with actress Sandra Bullock during a photo call at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice August 28, 2013. Clooney and Bullock star in Alfonso Cuaron's movie Gravity, which debuts at the festival.
Was it Amal's intelligence that won George over? Well, to some extent yes but according to industry insiders, Amal played the old trick which women folk deploy to keep men interested in them. According to Daily Mail, the 36-year-old lawyer from Britain turned down Clooney's offer to go out on a dinner with her twice. She refused twice saying she was "too busy" but later had to accept. And when she did, she treated the 52-year-old Hollywood heartthrob very normally and not like a star.
"She was operating on the lines of "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" and clearly it worked. Clooney was beguiled by her and she had the upper hand," a source close to Clooney and Amal told the Web site.
"What he likes about her is that she treats him normally...... She has met a whole bunch of A-listers through him and is seemingly quite cool about it, though you suspect she's loving it," added the source.
The pair have been spotted together holidaying in Tanzania, Seychelles, New York and even Dubai. The "Oceans Eleven" actor has even met Amal's parents though her mother Baria has declined to comment on the relationship.
"I'm so sorry but I can't comment. She is my daughter and you understand it is very private," the mother of Amal told the Web site.
Amal's engagement news with Clooney has prompted her to delete her Twitter account that once had more than 1,800 followers, which included Ashton Kutcher too. The woman has also been named as the London's hottest female barrister. Clooney will turn 53 next month in May. Do you think he will get married to Amal or it is just another one of his flings?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6