‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Update: Performances in North Ireland; Bailey McConnell Wins Judges’ Approval [Watch Video]
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 28, 2014 5:52 PM EST
"Britain's Got Talent" continues to be more interesting. In the third episode of the auditions, various performances relatively pleased the judges, with even one emotional song that brought the audience to tears.
For the first time in the "Britain's Got Talent" history, the popular talent search show went to Northern Ireland for the Week 3 of the auditions. There are plenty of promising performances like the previous and placed a few hopefuls in the roster of early favourites. Meanwhile, the show entertained a little drama with Simon Cowell leaving the show before the final act to attend to his wife in the U.S. who is about to give birth to their son.
The show started with Oliver Moroney's Irish dancing with a broom. Simon Cowell seems not pleased with the "quite" hilarious performance, showing the judge rolling his eyes as Moroney starts. Cowell pressed his buzzer for the "No" while the three other judges gave him their "Yes."
Other performances that unfortunately received "No's" are John Power's "Anger Man" monologue with four buzzers despite David Walliam's buzzer fail. Gary James' "Del Boy" impersonation also received the same fate. The Rock n Roll Street Stars with their bed of nails and a hollow block brought the audience wondering what the performance is all about, apparently acquiring four "No's."
Despite the series of "No's", the Week 3 of the auditions did not end without good performances. The Innova Irish Dance Company impressed the judges with a surprising modern showcase of the traditional tap dance. Andrew Derbyshire, a Pop Idol hopeful who already auditioned for Simon Cowell in the past received a standing ovation from the judges after showing a powerful vocals in his version of Jocelyn Brown's classic "Somebody Else's Guy."
Micky Dumoulin, the 24-year-old supermarket worker became one of the season's early favourite with his rendition of "Bring Him Home" from the popular musical "Les Miserables." The judges commented of his performance as "moving, heartfelt, and genuine,"getting four easy "Yes." In his tearful state, Dumoulin thanked the judges while he can hope to "bring home" the award as well.
Moreover, Dumoulin's singing is not only the act to get the judges' approval. After Simon Cowell made his graceful exit, the final performance from 14-year-old boy Bailey McConnell receives a standing ovation from the audience with his self-written song he dedicates to his ex-bestfriend.
Bailey McConnell Wins Judges' Approval [Watch Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga