Miley Cyrus Hospitalised for Drug Detox Program and Not Allergic Reaction?
By nidhi tewari | April 28, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has now returned home after spending several days in the hospital due to an allergic reaction to an anti-biotic drug. However there is speculation in the media that the real reason why Miley was hospitalized was not an allergic reaction but because she consumed such huge quantities of drugs that a detox program was really needed, Star Magazine is reporting according to Celebrity Dirty Laundry.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The magazine did a bit of research on "Wikipedia" about drug allergy and came to a conclusion that if Miley had been really hospitalized for an allergic reaction to the anti-biotic Cephalexin, it would just have been a stay of maximum 24 hours and not so many days.
"A period of in-hospital observation for between 2 and 24 hours is recommended for people once they have returned to normal due to concerns of biphasic anaphylaxis," Celebrity Dirty Laundry quotes Wikipedia as source.
According to Miley's official statement released by her PR agency, Miley was prescribed the antibiotic Cephalexin, which reacted extremely allergic to her body. Miley took Cephalexin to treat her sinus. "This type of extreme reaction can last from five to 27 days in these types of cases," the statement read.
However the Web site is of the opinion that Miley's hospitalization issue has been "fishy" from day one. "Anyone who has ever had a medication induced allergic reaction will tell you that treatment usually includes a heavy duty steroid and at worst an IV filled with meds to offset the reaction - hospitalization for a week is kind of unheard of," the Web site says.
According to the Web site, Miley's friends also believe that the 21-year-old singer's "hard-partying lifestyle" caused her body to finally collapse. She required staying in the hospital for detoxing.
The Web site does not have any documents or hospital reports to prove their statement. However, Miley's fans have been quite supportive of her throughout her hospitalization period and are in fact quite happy to see her back to normal, no matter whatever the reason for her hospitalization could have been.
What are your views? Was Miley admitted to hospital due to urgent drug detox requirement or allergic reaction?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales