Miley Cyrus Hospitalised for Drug Detox Program and Not Allergic Reaction?
By nidhi tewari | April 28, 2014 5:45 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has now returned home after spending several days in the hospital due to an allergic reaction to an anti-biotic drug. However there is speculation in the media that the real reason why Miley was hospitalized was not an allergic reaction but because she consumed such huge quantities of drugs that a detox program was really needed, Star Magazine is reporting according to Celebrity Dirty Laundry.
Singer Miley Cyrus performs during KIIS FM's Jingle Ball concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, December 6, 2013.
The magazine did a bit of research on "Wikipedia" about drug allergy and came to a conclusion that if Miley had been really hospitalized for an allergic reaction to the anti-biotic Cephalexin, it would just have been a stay of maximum 24 hours and not so many days.
"A period of in-hospital observation for between 2 and 24 hours is recommended for people once they have returned to normal due to concerns of biphasic anaphylaxis," Celebrity Dirty Laundry quotes Wikipedia as source.
According to Miley's official statement released by her PR agency, Miley was prescribed the antibiotic Cephalexin, which reacted extremely allergic to her body. Miley took Cephalexin to treat her sinus. "This type of extreme reaction can last from five to 27 days in these types of cases," the statement read.
However the Web site is of the opinion that Miley's hospitalization issue has been "fishy" from day one. "Anyone who has ever had a medication induced allergic reaction will tell you that treatment usually includes a heavy duty steroid and at worst an IV filled with meds to offset the reaction - hospitalization for a week is kind of unheard of," the Web site says.
According to the Web site, Miley's friends also believe that the 21-year-old singer's "hard-partying lifestyle" caused her body to finally collapse. She required staying in the hospital for detoxing.
The Web site does not have any documents or hospital reports to prove their statement. However, Miley's fans have been quite supportive of her throughout her hospitalization period and are in fact quite happy to see her back to normal, no matter whatever the reason for her hospitalization could have been.
What are your views? Was Miley admitted to hospital due to urgent drug detox requirement or allergic reaction?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles