‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Spoilers: Don’s Demotion in Episode 3, ‘Field Trip’
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 28, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The third episode of "Mad Men" final season, "Field Trip," features the return of Don Draper to his den. But, there is no welcome back party waiting for him. He finds himself in an uncomfortable position, as the atmosphere seems to be inimical. Peggy tells her former-mentor "I can't say that we miss you" and that sums-up what most of the partners and colleagues wanted to say to Don Draper, seeing his unexpected presence inside the office.
Don Draper accepts all the conditions attached to his return to Sterling Cooper & Partners. Roger Sterling wants him back [Roger tells Don, when goes to meet him with an appointment letter, that he misses him and wants him back at work], but the other partners are not interested in seeing Don Draper returning and disturbing the status-quo. Roger succeeds in convincing the other partners, but he allows the taming of Don Draper.
It is a demotion for Don Draper, as he agrees to work under Lou Avery. Additional conditions include no meeting with the client alone, sticking to the script at the meetings, and no drinking in the office.
Megan and Don's relationship has almost hit the dead-end, with Megan finding out from Don himself that he has been out of work for a while. She concludes he does not want to be with her and thus chose to station himself at New York and did not think of reuniting with her in Los Angeles. Megan's career is not going anywhere, and in her desperation to get roles, she is acting needy and a little out of order. Megan needs time and Don is not considering moving to California, though he tells Megan he loves her.
Meanwhile, Betty is trying to be an ideal mother to Bobby, but ends-up feeling that her children do not love her. She makes all the right moves to be a good mother to Bobby while being with him on a field trip. However, Betty's mood turns sour when Bobby gives away her sandwich, her lunch, to a friend in exchange for candies. At the end of the day at the dinner table, Bobby wishes that it was yesterday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown