‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Spoilers: Don’s Demotion in Episode 3, ‘Field Trip’
By Anshu Shrivastava | April 28, 2014 5:31 PM EST
The third episode of "Mad Men" final season, "Field Trip," features the return of Don Draper to his den. But, there is no welcome back party waiting for him. He finds himself in an uncomfortable position, as the atmosphere seems to be inimical. Peggy tells her former-mentor "I can't say that we miss you" and that sums-up what most of the partners and colleagues wanted to say to Don Draper, seeing his unexpected presence inside the office.
Don Draper accepts all the conditions attached to his return to Sterling Cooper & Partners. Roger Sterling wants him back [Roger tells Don, when goes to meet him with an appointment letter, that he misses him and wants him back at work], but the other partners are not interested in seeing Don Draper returning and disturbing the status-quo. Roger succeeds in convincing the other partners, but he allows the taming of Don Draper.
It is a demotion for Don Draper, as he agrees to work under Lou Avery. Additional conditions include no meeting with the client alone, sticking to the script at the meetings, and no drinking in the office.
Megan and Don's relationship has almost hit the dead-end, with Megan finding out from Don himself that he has been out of work for a while. She concludes he does not want to be with her and thus chose to station himself at New York and did not think of reuniting with her in Los Angeles. Megan's career is not going anywhere, and in her desperation to get roles, she is acting needy and a little out of order. Megan needs time and Don is not considering moving to California, though he tells Megan he loves her.
Meanwhile, Betty is trying to be an ideal mother to Bobby, but ends-up feeling that her children do not love her. She makes all the right moves to be a good mother to Bobby while being with him on a field trip. However, Betty's mood turns sour when Bobby gives away her sandwich, her lunch, to a friend in exchange for candies. At the end of the day at the dinner table, Bobby wishes that it was yesterday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports