Taylor Swift Reportedly Interested in ‘Divergent’ Actor Theo James
By Keerthi Mohan | April 28, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Taylor Swift is reportedly seeking to end her single status by dating “Divergent” star Theo James, and not Ed Sheeran, as multiple reports earlier stated.
However, James is yet to reciprocate her feelings and reports have it that one of his friends even asked her to “buzz off.”
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014. "Divergent," a dystopian thriller based on the young adult book series by newcomer author Veronica Roth, stars Shailene Woodley and was released last month, grossing $116.6 million so far at the U.S. box office. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/Files
“[Taylor] asked her friend Hailee Steinfeld to ask Theo's friend Douglas Booth, another British actor, if there was a chance they could meet up for a date in Los Angeles,” a source told OK magazine, according to Classicalite.
"But Douglas told Taylor to go away!..He wasn't interested, despite the fact she confirmed she was a 'Divergent' fanatic.
"She's angry that Douglas told her to buzz off!"
It remains to be seen if Swift, who has been previously linked to Harry Styles, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer among others, will pen a song about the incident, but James’ reluctance to get into a relationship might be because he is already off the market.
James is reportedly dating Ruth Kearney, a 25-year-old actress who once played the role of Jessica Parker in the ITV drama “Primeval.” The couple has been dating for five years and producers of “Divergent” do not want their relationship publicised because they feel it would hamper the growth of Shailene Woodley and James’ fan base, according to Kpopstarz.
Both Woodley and James have a growing fan base who want the on-screen couple to take their relationship off screen as well. Although their body language has given rise to suspicion that the actors might be more than just co-stars, Woodley recently refuted these claims in an interview stating that she has not had a boyfriend in almost five years.
“I haven't had time to think about a relationship! I literally have not had a boyfriend in almost five years. I've never even hooked up with anybody I've worked on a movie with,” she told Teen Vogue.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]