Taylor Swift Reportedly Interested in ‘Divergent’ Actor Theo James
By Keerthi Mohan | April 28, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Taylor Swift is reportedly seeking to end her single status by dating “Divergent” star Theo James, and not Ed Sheeran, as multiple reports earlier stated.
However, James is yet to reciprocate her feelings and reports have it that one of his friends even asked her to “buzz off.”
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014. "Divergent," a dystopian thriller based on the young adult book series by newcomer author Veronica Roth, stars Shailene Woodley and was released last month, grossing $116.6 million so far at the U.S. box office. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/Files
“[Taylor] asked her friend Hailee Steinfeld to ask Theo's friend Douglas Booth, another British actor, if there was a chance they could meet up for a date in Los Angeles,” a source told OK magazine, according to Classicalite.
"But Douglas told Taylor to go away!..He wasn't interested, despite the fact she confirmed she was a 'Divergent' fanatic.
"She's angry that Douglas told her to buzz off!"
It remains to be seen if Swift, who has been previously linked to Harry Styles, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer among others, will pen a song about the incident, but James’ reluctance to get into a relationship might be because he is already off the market.
James is reportedly dating Ruth Kearney, a 25-year-old actress who once played the role of Jessica Parker in the ITV drama “Primeval.” The couple has been dating for five years and producers of “Divergent” do not want their relationship publicised because they feel it would hamper the growth of Shailene Woodley and James’ fan base, according to Kpopstarz.
Both Woodley and James have a growing fan base who want the on-screen couple to take their relationship off screen as well. Although their body language has given rise to suspicion that the actors might be more than just co-stars, Woodley recently refuted these claims in an interview stating that she has not had a boyfriend in almost five years.
“I haven't had time to think about a relationship! I literally have not had a boyfriend in almost five years. I've never even hooked up with anybody I've worked on a movie with,” she told Teen Vogue.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales