Taylor Swift Reportedly Interested in ‘Divergent’ Actor Theo James
By Keerthi Mohan | April 28, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Taylor Swift is reportedly seeking to end her single status by dating “Divergent” star Theo James, and not Ed Sheeran, as multiple reports earlier stated.
However, James is yet to reciprocate her feelings and reports have it that one of his friends even asked her to “buzz off.”
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014. "Divergent," a dystopian thriller based on the young adult book series by newcomer author Veronica Roth, stars Shailene Woodley and was released last month, grossing $116.6 million so far at the U.S. box office. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/Files
“[Taylor] asked her friend Hailee Steinfeld to ask Theo's friend Douglas Booth, another British actor, if there was a chance they could meet up for a date in Los Angeles,” a source told OK magazine, according to Classicalite.
"But Douglas told Taylor to go away!..He wasn't interested, despite the fact she confirmed she was a 'Divergent' fanatic.
"She's angry that Douglas told her to buzz off!"
It remains to be seen if Swift, who has been previously linked to Harry Styles, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer among others, will pen a song about the incident, but James’ reluctance to get into a relationship might be because he is already off the market.
James is reportedly dating Ruth Kearney, a 25-year-old actress who once played the role of Jessica Parker in the ITV drama “Primeval.” The couple has been dating for five years and producers of “Divergent” do not want their relationship publicised because they feel it would hamper the growth of Shailene Woodley and James’ fan base, according to Kpopstarz.
Both Woodley and James have a growing fan base who want the on-screen couple to take their relationship off screen as well. Although their body language has given rise to suspicion that the actors might be more than just co-stars, Woodley recently refuted these claims in an interview stating that she has not had a boyfriend in almost five years.
“I haven't had time to think about a relationship! I literally have not had a boyfriend in almost five years. I've never even hooked up with anybody I've worked on a movie with,” she told Teen Vogue.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia