Taylor Swift Reportedly Interested in ‘Divergent’ Actor Theo James
By Keerthi Mohan | April 28, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Taylor Swift is reportedly seeking to end her single status by dating “Divergent” star Theo James, and not Ed Sheeran, as multiple reports earlier stated.
However, James is yet to reciprocate her feelings and reports have it that one of his friends even asked her to “buzz off.”
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014. "Divergent," a dystopian thriller based on the young adult book series by newcomer author Veronica Roth, stars Shailene Woodley and was released last month, grossing $116.6 million so far at the U.S. box office. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/Files
“[Taylor] asked her friend Hailee Steinfeld to ask Theo's friend Douglas Booth, another British actor, if there was a chance they could meet up for a date in Los Angeles,” a source told OK magazine, according to Classicalite.
"But Douglas told Taylor to go away!..He wasn't interested, despite the fact she confirmed she was a 'Divergent' fanatic.
"She's angry that Douglas told her to buzz off!"
It remains to be seen if Swift, who has been previously linked to Harry Styles, Taylor Lautner, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer among others, will pen a song about the incident, but James’ reluctance to get into a relationship might be because he is already off the market.
James is reportedly dating Ruth Kearney, a 25-year-old actress who once played the role of Jessica Parker in the ITV drama “Primeval.” The couple has been dating for five years and producers of “Divergent” do not want their relationship publicised because they feel it would hamper the growth of Shailene Woodley and James’ fan base, according to Kpopstarz.
Both Woodley and James have a growing fan base who want the on-screen couple to take their relationship off screen as well. Although their body language has given rise to suspicion that the actors might be more than just co-stars, Woodley recently refuted these claims in an interview stating that she has not had a boyfriend in almost five years.
“I haven't had time to think about a relationship! I literally have not had a boyfriend in almost five years. I've never even hooked up with anybody I've worked on a movie with,” she told Teen Vogue.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date