'Transcendence' Movie Receives Early Negative Feedback from Film Critics? [REVIEW]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 28, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Science fiction film "Transcendence" just started playing in cinemas worldwide. Much to the movie trailers , and the power cast, many film critics and film viewers were disappointed. Critics quickly expressed their thoughts and feedback about the awaited film.
Johnny Depp presents the award for Best Movie of the Year at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Transcendence is a "sci-fi" story about a scientist dedicated to know and dig deep into the entirety of the universe. Doctor Will Caster (Johnny Depp) and his team are bent on creating a computer with "artificial intelligence" that will ultimately achieve change for all humanity. That change or event is what Dr. Will calls as Transcendence. One day, Dr. Will was shot by a group of "Luddites" that eventually puts him to die early in the story. Dr. Will's wife Evelyn (Rebecca Hall), somehow revives her husband by uploading Dr. Will's consciousness into the quantum computer their team has worked on.
Much of the critics' negative feedback was blamed on its film Director Wally Pfister. Pfister is an American cinematographer and film director, who worked closely with Christopher Nolan's films before. Donald Clarke of the Irish TImes, one of the many to critique the film, said that Pfister's latest film failed to show cinematic sense of artificial intelligence. In a film review and report, "This sounds like a good idea for a film, but actually it's a very bad idea for a film. Directors have always struggled to represent the online world cinematically.", added Clarke.
In another blog, it is said that the film didn't deliver more imaginary ideas of the future. "But I do wonder if, with its requirement for speedily manifested tension and almost immediate resolution, film finds itself rather handicapped when it comes to delivering a more liberal, considered view of things to come.", stated in a report from theguardian.com.
Redeeming Transcendence from negative feedback and posts, there are viewers who think differently of the film. "This film is quite bold, but not to a fault as the "journalists" would have you believe. Its boldness is found mostly in its subject matter and its ALMOST incomprehensibly-deep questioning of what it means to be self-aware.", in a comment by CircArg, user from metacritic.com.
Transcendence shows to tell that its viewers' reception and feedback are not collectively the same. The film has yet to be viewed by many. But so far, the feedback that surface news feeds are more negative-sided compared to positive ones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]