'Transcendence' Movie Receives Early Negative Feedback from Film Critics? [REVIEW]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | April 28, 2014 5:17 PM EST
Science fiction film "Transcendence" just started playing in cinemas worldwide. Much to the movie trailers , and the power cast, many film critics and film viewers were disappointed. Critics quickly expressed their thoughts and feedback about the awaited film.
Johnny Depp presents the award for Best Movie of the Year at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Transcendence is a "sci-fi" story about a scientist dedicated to know and dig deep into the entirety of the universe. Doctor Will Caster (Johnny Depp) and his team are bent on creating a computer with "artificial intelligence" that will ultimately achieve change for all humanity. That change or event is what Dr. Will calls as Transcendence. One day, Dr. Will was shot by a group of "Luddites" that eventually puts him to die early in the story. Dr. Will's wife Evelyn (Rebecca Hall), somehow revives her husband by uploading Dr. Will's consciousness into the quantum computer their team has worked on.
Much of the critics' negative feedback was blamed on its film Director Wally Pfister. Pfister is an American cinematographer and film director, who worked closely with Christopher Nolan's films before. Donald Clarke of the Irish TImes, one of the many to critique the film, said that Pfister's latest film failed to show cinematic sense of artificial intelligence. In a film review and report, "This sounds like a good idea for a film, but actually it's a very bad idea for a film. Directors have always struggled to represent the online world cinematically.", added Clarke.
In another blog, it is said that the film didn't deliver more imaginary ideas of the future. "But I do wonder if, with its requirement for speedily manifested tension and almost immediate resolution, film finds itself rather handicapped when it comes to delivering a more liberal, considered view of things to come.", stated in a report from theguardian.com.
Redeeming Transcendence from negative feedback and posts, there are viewers who think differently of the film. "This film is quite bold, but not to a fault as the "journalists" would have you believe. Its boldness is found mostly in its subject matter and its ALMOST incomprehensibly-deep questioning of what it means to be self-aware.", in a comment by CircArg, user from metacritic.com.
Transcendence shows to tell that its viewers' reception and feedback are not collectively the same. The film has yet to be viewed by many. But so far, the feedback that surface news feeds are more negative-sided compared to positive ones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up