Selena Gomez Can be The Next Katy Perry Under New Manager
By Annie Dee | April 28, 2014 4:35 PM EST
Selena Gomez recently fired her parents as her manager and while many speculated that she will hire Kris Jenner as her manager so that she can take her career to the next level, Selena Gomez has her eyes set on an entirely different career success as Kris Jenner can give her. In particular, she has her eyes set on the kind of success Katy Perry has.
Singer Katy Perry attends the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)'s 35th Anniversary Gala presented by Louis Vuitton at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA in Los Angeles, California March 29, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
According to NY Daily, the 21 year old "Come and Get It" singer hired Katy Perry's manager, Bradford Cobb after severing professional ties with her parents Mandy Teefy and stefather Brian Teefy. While her parents felt blindsided at first, everyone has moved on for Selena Gomez's success. Selena Gomez claimed that she has already outgrown her parents' managing style and family problems did not influence her decision.
Selena's choice, Cobb comes as no surprise. Earlier on, Gomez was interested in inking a deal with Cobb, who also manages "American Idol" alumni Adam Lambert along with Katy Perry. In addition, Cobb is one of Billboard's 40 executives under 40 in July 2013. "For me, it's really about the team," he shared with Billboard
Now that Katy Perry and Selena Gomez share the same manager, can we expect Selena Gomez and Katy Perry to have the same styles? Not likely.
According to Cobb, "Everyone (at Direct Management Group) works on all of the clients, and we build the right team for each artist."
A new manager just might do Selena Gomez a world of good. Even though her parents have ensured her name has become a household one, more can be done to launched her into stardom, especially with her music career. She has a long way ahead of her to achieve what Katy Perry achieved in the music scene. Selena Gomez has legions of fans, especially kids who grew up watching her in Disney channel and people who associate her as Justin Bieber's girlfriend, but her albums and songs still have the wrack the same level of following as her fellow young singers such as Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. Cobb just might be the answer to her singing dreams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report