Full Credit Goes to Gold Coast Titans as They Deserve the Win
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | April 28, 2014 3:46 PM EST
In the eventful match held on Sunday at the Leichhardt stadium, the Gold Coast Titans thrashed Wests Tigers by 22-6. The Tigers were unable to stand the pace of the Titans, and the match ultimately ended with injuries and controversies.
West Tigers coach Mick Potter was not at all happy with his team's performance and have given full credit to the Titans for the rampage. Potter further said his team was not at in control on the field.
From the start of the match, the Titans were in full control as they led by 10-0 in the first half. The Titans, however, have to bear the loss of co-captain Nate Myles and Albert Kelly for a foul on Martin Taupau.
"Early I thought they were all over us ... I was disappointed at the result. I wasn't disappointed at the effort, but I don't think we worked as a team today ... Whether it was a result of Titans building pressure on us, we lacked energy, or whether it was us not investing enough energy in ourselves early. You could look at it both ways," Potter said after the match.
Potter further stated that he insisted for his players at halftime to generate more ruck speed if they have to get back to the game.
"They are a team that can frustrate and I think they've ground out some wins over the last few weeks ... At the back-end of sets and at times I thought there were a lot of calls going their way, but that's the flow of the game ... It rolled for them, and they probably deserved it more than us ... The other team need to be congratulated on how they started the game. They started really fast and with intensity ... We were just a little off, and you only have to be a little bit off. We were already down 16 points by the time we realized what was going on," Potter added.
Tigers winger Pat Richards was also disappointed with the dismal performance of his team.
"It's not what we've dished up the first seven rounds of the competition. All the boys are very disappointed ... That second half we just gifted them too much ball. We dropped too much ball in our own half and you can't do that, especially when you were chasing the game," Richards added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports