‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman to Return in One-off Special Episode? Tom Hiddleston to Portray Third Holmes Brother?
By jaskiran kaur | April 28, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Ever since BBC wrapped up Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman starrer "Sherlock" Season 3, fans are eager to know more about show's season 4. Rumors about the delay in filming and launch of the fourth season are swirling around and this has left show's fans immensely anxious. But the new update about the show suggests fans may not have to wait too long to see their beloved actors return as their favorite characters Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. According to Huffington Post report, actor Martin Freeman dished out some details about BBC's "Sherlock's" return, recently.
According to the report, in an interview with Alan Carr's talk show called "Chatty Man," Martin Freeman suggested a possible "Sherlock" one-off special episode that may be released even before next season's first episode.
"Mark Gatiss [co-creator] may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea," revealed Martin Freeman while speaking to Alan Carr.
He told host of the show that he believes this special episode is a "fantastic" and "mouth-watering idea." While he did make the exciting announcement, he says "I really don't know when we are going to get to do it."
Rumors suggest that "Sherlock" Season 4 may not return for at least two more years due to stars' and creators' busy schedule. According to Digital Spy, cast and crew were to begin filming of series 4 at the end of the year 2014 but these plans have already been scrapped.
Martin Freeman told in an interview that "It's very hard to get together."
"But it's one of those things where you have to at some point just go, 'We're going to do it now'- otherwise we could be having this conversation in three years.
Meanwhile, rumors about Tom Hiddleston joining Benedict Ceumberbatch and Martin Freeman in their adventures in "Sherlock" Season 4 have been swirling around. These rumors began to fuel when in an interview Mark Gatiss was asked if such a casting was possible wherein "Thor" actor plays a part in the show, according to Cartermatt.
In response, show's creator said "I'll ask him." This sent the internet into a frenzy of speculation and rumors about actor playing Holmes third brother started to make the rounds. However, the Web site speculates it is too early to believe such a casting rumor "that is out there without scripts." At the moment, the actor is busy filming his upcoming film "Crimson Peak." But would you like to see Tom Hiddleston joining the cast alongside Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate