‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman to Return in One-off Special Episode? Tom Hiddleston to Portray Third Holmes Brother?
By jaskiran kaur | April 28, 2014 2:56 PM EST
Ever since BBC wrapped up Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman starrer "Sherlock" Season 3, fans are eager to know more about show's season 4. Rumors about the delay in filming and launch of the fourth season are swirling around and this has left show's fans immensely anxious. But the new update about the show suggests fans may not have to wait too long to see their beloved actors return as their favorite characters Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. According to Huffington Post report, actor Martin Freeman dished out some details about BBC's "Sherlock's" return, recently.
According to the report, in an interview with Alan Carr's talk show called "Chatty Man," Martin Freeman suggested a possible "Sherlock" one-off special episode that may be released even before next season's first episode.
"Mark Gatiss [co-creator] may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea," revealed Martin Freeman while speaking to Alan Carr.
He told host of the show that he believes this special episode is a "fantastic" and "mouth-watering idea." While he did make the exciting announcement, he says "I really don't know when we are going to get to do it."
Rumors suggest that "Sherlock" Season 4 may not return for at least two more years due to stars' and creators' busy schedule. According to Digital Spy, cast and crew were to begin filming of series 4 at the end of the year 2014 but these plans have already been scrapped.
Martin Freeman told in an interview that "It's very hard to get together."
"But it's one of those things where you have to at some point just go, 'We're going to do it now'- otherwise we could be having this conversation in three years.
Meanwhile, rumors about Tom Hiddleston joining Benedict Ceumberbatch and Martin Freeman in their adventures in "Sherlock" Season 4 have been swirling around. These rumors began to fuel when in an interview Mark Gatiss was asked if such a casting was possible wherein "Thor" actor plays a part in the show, according to Cartermatt.
In response, show's creator said "I'll ask him." This sent the internet into a frenzy of speculation and rumors about actor playing Holmes third brother started to make the rounds. However, the Web site speculates it is too early to believe such a casting rumor "that is out there without scripts." At the moment, the actor is busy filming his upcoming film "Crimson Peak." But would you like to see Tom Hiddleston joining the cast alongside Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June