Racism: Clippers’ Owner Donald Sterling Made Lamar Odom Put on Glove Before Shaking His Hand?
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 28, 2014 2:34 PM EST
Even in sports, racial hatred seems to be increasing. A photo of Lamar Odom shaking hands, wearing a pair of gloves, with Los Angeles Clippers' owner Donald Sterling made its way online in the popular social networking Web site Twitter.
Basketball player Lamar Odom departs the New York state Supreme Court after a child custody hearing with his ex-girlfriend, Liza Morales, in Manhattan, March 5, 2013.
The said photo came after TMZ released an audio tape of Sterling having an argument with his girlfriend on the topic of racism. However, it is unclear whether or not Sterling allegedly asked Odom to put on gloves before shaking his hand as the photo's caption details.
According to Hollywoodlife.com, Odom was surprised to hear Sterling's racist rant. The 34-year-old basketball athlete now plays for the New York Knicks, but he once played for the Clippers - from 1999 until 2003. A source close to Odom told the Web site that he just wondered in disbelief how such people with great power can speak something so discriminatory and prejudiced. "Lamar was shocked, in complete shock when he heard what Donald said," revealed the source. "He couldn't believe it," the source added.
The source revealed that it would be uncertain if Sterling gets reprimanded for his racist comments. "No matter who shameful or harmful it is, you will skate by," the source said. "It's the rules of the game and nothing will happen to him."
Meanwhile, the Clippers players have staged their silent protest during their game against the Golden State Warriors, CNN reported. During the team's warm-up practice ahead of the game, they wore red T-shirts inside out, hiding the Clippers logo. However, Sterling wasn't around to witness the protest. The Clippers lost to the Warriors in a 21 point-deficit, 118-97.
The National Basketball Players Association reportedly wants Sterling to be banned from watching all the playoff games of the current basketball season. Moreover, the basketball players also want to find out if there were any incidence of racism against Sterling in the past. If such racist comments were discovered, it will merit a proper investigation to determine the kind of penalties and magnitudes for the Clippers' owner.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates