George Clooney Getting Married To Girlfriend Amal Alamuddin
By Tanya Diente | April 28, 2014 2:12 PM EST
After numerous relationships with supermodel girlfriends and Hollywood stars, e.g. Kelly Preston (before she became Mrs. Travolta), Krista Allen and Lisa Snowdon, George Clooney is said to be engaged to British human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin. George Clooney has popped the question to the barrister after seven months of dating.
Actor and director George Clooney arrives for the UK premiere of his film "The Monuments Men" in London in this February 11, 2014 file photo. Hollywood leading man George Clooney, who has said he was not suited for marriage, is engaged to British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, according to media reports on April 26, 2014.
Clooney and Alamuddin started dating in Fall of 2013 after Clooney's split from Stacey Kiebler. The couple have been enjoying each other's company, going to the African Safari and enjoying a beach vacation in the Seychelles then a romantic stay at the Carlyle Hotel in New York.
The couple have not even confirmed the relationship. However, a source close to the couple exclusively told People that indeed the two are getting married.
"George and Amal are trying to keep things very low-key but they also aren't really trying to hide this, it doesn't seem. I think it's like they want the people they love to know that this is real, that they plan on being together forever," the source confirmed.
Other sources said that witnesses saw Amal Alamuddin wearing a conspicuous ring on her left finger on two separate occasions in a restaurant. One was at an L.A. restaurant on Wednesday, where witnesses said Amal and Clooney seemed to be celebrating their engagement with friends. Another one was on Thursday, at Malibu hot spot Nubu in Malibu, California, wherein the couple dined with Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber.
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin was said to have flown out to Dubai together to meet Amal's family. Amal's mother is also silent on her daughter's engagement, apologizing to media saying she cannot comment since it is a private matter.
George Clooney's rep, Stan Rosenfield, did not deny the engagement rumours. But instead refuses to comment saying only that the couple are just friends.
George Clooney fans are flooding Twitter on their excitement or sadness, on the news, be it true or not.
OMG!! All I can say is OMG, #GeorgeClooney is engaged! (Yes, engaged to be married!) Hearts crumbling everywhere! Stay tuned...
— AliciaJacobs (@AliciaJacobs) April 28, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family