‘Jungle Book’ Casting Rumours: Lupita Nyong’o to Play Mother Wolf; Scarlett Johansson to Play a Man-Eating Python?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 28, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Who is excited to have Lupita Nyong'o play in a new movie after her Oscars win for "12 Years a Slave" or Scarlett Johansson right after her upcoming action-thriller movie "Lucy?"
Lupita Nyong'o, best supporting actress winner for her role in "12 Years a Slave", speaks on stage at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
It appears that after taking home the golden statue, the recently dubbed "Most Beautiful" woman of 2014 by People magazine Lupita Nyong'o has just been warming up as rumours start to come out that she is signing contract with producers of the upcoming Disney movie "Jungle Book."
Rumours have it that Nyong'o and Johansson are in the middle of negotiations to join the cast of the Jon Favreau-directed Disney movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Nyong'o is in final negotiations to play Rakcha, the mother wolf who adopts the protagonist Mowgli, which confirmed the rumours. Meanwhile, Johansson is still in the early stage of negotiating to voice the character of the villain Kaa, a man-eating python who eats her prey by hypnotizing them.
If everything gets settled, Nyong'o and Johansson will soon be joining British actor Idris Elba, who according to the report, has already been cast to voice the man-eating tiger villain Shere Khan.
In the meantime, as things are yet to be confirmed with The Jungle Book, Scarlett Johansson is said to be busy filming "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and will soon be appearing in the action movie "Lucy," which according to the movie's IMDb page is set to hit theatres on August 8 in the U.S.
According to Elle, The Jungle Book is rumoured to get the "live-action treatment," which appears to have been the trend with recent Disney movies, including "Malefecient" with star Angelina Jolie, and other Disney movies yet to be confirmed for casting and production like "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast."
Though Sofia Coppola has been announced to direct the The Little Mermaid, the cast is reportedly still undecided. However, it has been rumoured that Emma Watson may play the role of "Ariel."
The Jungle Book's screenplay is written by Justin Marks and will be produced by Jon Favreau and Brigham Taylor. The Disney movie is reportedly set to hit theatres on October 9, 2015. However, as to who might be playing Mowgli, the main protagonist of Disney's "Jungle Book," is still unanounced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast