Schumacher's Manager Denies Reports That the Former 7-Time Racing Champion Has Awoken from Coma
By Rachelle Corpuz | April 28, 2014 1:31 PM EST
The fans, family, and loved ones of the seven-time racing champion Michael Schumacher anticipate the day that their sports icon finally wakes up from coma. Recently, several news outlets like F1today.net and Fanatix.com reported that Schumacher has already awoken from his nearly four-month long coma. However, what was thought to be great news for millions of Schumacher's followers turned bad news when it was disputed, further stating that the rumour wasn't true.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
The rumour circulated online after Actualidad.rt.com wrote that Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm told RTL Television that the Formula One (F1) has woken up from coma and even recognised his wife Corinna. The Web site further wrote that Kehm could not reveal more information out of respect for Schumacher's family.
"Schumacher goes through a difficult process to get out of induced coma, so there were alternating states of consciousness and sleep. The manager said she could not elaborate because she respects the privacy of the former racer."
F1 reporter Nicola Pohlm who works for German tabloid newspaper BILD, disputed the rumour and tweeted, saying that there was not an ounce of truth to it. Pohl said that Schumacher's manager just sent her a text message and revealed she has not confirmed anything to the said Spanish television network.
Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL— Nicola Pohl (@NicolaBILD) April 25, 2014
The waking up process for Schumacher started in January. Three months after, there have been no significant improvements on the retired racer's condition, except that he was showing signs of "awakening and consciousness." Nonetheless, Schumacher's family is constantly by his side. His wife, Corinna, travels as far as 150 miles just to be with him and spends eight to 10 hours at his bedside.
Whatever the outcome is, the doctors have already prepared Corinna as far as Schumacher's prognosis is concerned, a source close to the situation told The Sun. "It is looking increasingly likely that any recovery from the coma will be partial and that more likely, he will be in a permanent vegetative state for the remainder of his life."
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories