PS4 1.7 Firmware Updates, MP3 Playback Rumoured Coming and Details on 2 Upcoming Games
By Gel Galang | April 28, 2014 1:30 PM EST
The PS4 1.7 firmware update, supposedly slated for an April 30 release, has been teased yet again. And it seems like a number of features, new and awaited, may be coming with it.
The latest tweet from Tidux, an industry insider, as quoted by DualShockers, shows why the PS4 1.7 firmware update may be rightly anticipated by fans.
"1.7 is a major update, it's the biggest that Sony has ever made. Features and size wise."
To give an even better picture, the report states that the PS4 1.7 firmware update may even be comparable to the 1.5 patch worth 308 MB with critical features. It would be great to hear the updates and the expected new features straight from Sony, because for now, all of these are pretty much rumours until confirmed. But Tidux has a pretty good track record as far as PS4 leaks are concerned.
Another bit of update for the PS4 involves the playback support for the MP3, which is considered as one of the awaited features for Sony's next-gen console. GameSpot reports that this feature seems to have been teased by none other than Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Worldwide Studios president, on his PSN profile.
While it's tempting to see this as the possible feature--and even more, for it to be coming by the release date of the PS4 1.7 firmware update, there is also the possibility that the profile picture, which depicts a Music Player Demo, may have been related to Bungie's Destiny game.
Sportsfriends coming this May
Sportsfriends, the brainchild of four game developers who took the project to Kickstarter, is finally launching on the PS4 and PS3 this May 6.
This was announced over at the PlayStation Blog, alongside the details for the PS4 and PS3 versions.
Sportsfriends is basically a compendium of four local multiplayer games, namely Johann Sebastian Joust, BaraBariBall, Super Pole Riders and Hokra. The game also has a number of modes and gameplay settings, and for the last of the four games, you can even build and save your own Hokra arenas.
Those who have the PlayStation Move controller can even make use of it for the Johann Sebastian Joust. There are particular features for the PS4 and PS3. The former allows JS Joust play up to four players while also using the speaker and LED of the DualShock 4. The PS3 version can allow up to seven players for the JS Joust, as well as loading your own music files into the game.
Owners of the two consoles can choose to buy just the PS3 and you'll immediately have download access to the PS4 version for free.
Sportsfriends costs $14.99, and if you want to see the fun games, you can check out the trailer below.
Lords of the Fallen: A worthy challenge
If you're looking for quite the challenging game that's worth sticking with until the end, Lords of the Fallen is potentially The Game. Coming on the PS4 this fall, this title from CI Games is looking at the merging of mainstream and core players, with a highlight on the narrative.
"We decided that if there's a main feature of Lords of the Fallen that will be complex and challenging, the rest should be more or less streamlined. I'm not trying to say that we dumbed down anything," said Lords of the Fallen executive producer Tomasz Gop over at the PlayStation Blog.
"I believe that the team behind Lords of the Fallen on PS4 is after something that will narrow the gap between mainstream and core players. One bit at a time, that is."
Between cinema-like scenes, audio memoirs for introducing the world of the game, and sub-systems in the combat system, it's a game that would be a new experience for long-time gamers, but also a good game for those who are just picking up thePS4 console for the first time.
So far, parts of Lords of the Fallen have already been revealed, but it would be interesting for the gameplay to be showcased at the E3 2014, if the title is targeting a fall release date.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members