Raptors Upset Nets in Game 4, Ties Series at 2-2
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 12:20 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors turned to their defense in the tail end of the game shutting down the Brooklyn Nets inside the final five minutes to notch the 87-79 victory in Game 4 of the first round series in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
The Nets led 79-78 at the 4:58 mark and it was the last time they saw the advantage as the Raptors found heroes from their pair of point guards on offense.
Greivis Vasquez hit a clutch three-pointer and then Kyle Lowry made a running hook over Kevin Garnett to give Toronto the lead and the game for good as the Raptors notched their first road victory in the NBA Playoffs since 2001.
Vasquez finished with 9 points off the bench while Lowry had 22 points for the Raptors, who has grabbed back the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair. DeMar DeRozan starred for his squad with 24 points and 5 rebounds while Amir Johnson stepped up his scoring with 17 markers as Jonas Valanciunas (6 points and 6 rebounds) was limited in the game.
Brooklyn failed to net the 3-1 series advantage and the series shifts back up North for Game 5 set on Wednesday.
View the the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Toronto-Brooklyn match-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar