Raptors Upset Nets in Game 4, Ties Series at 2-2
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 12:20 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors turned to their defense in the tail end of the game shutting down the Brooklyn Nets inside the final five minutes to notch the 87-79 victory in Game 4 of the first round series in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
The Nets led 79-78 at the 4:58 mark and it was the last time they saw the advantage as the Raptors found heroes from their pair of point guards on offense.
Greivis Vasquez hit a clutch three-pointer and then Kyle Lowry made a running hook over Kevin Garnett to give Toronto the lead and the game for good as the Raptors notched their first road victory in the NBA Playoffs since 2001.
Vasquez finished with 9 points off the bench while Lowry had 22 points for the Raptors, who has grabbed back the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair. DeMar DeRozan starred for his squad with 24 points and 5 rebounds while Amir Johnson stepped up his scoring with 17 markers as Jonas Valanciunas (6 points and 6 rebounds) was limited in the game.
Brooklyn failed to net the 3-1 series advantage and the series shifts back up North for Game 5 set on Wednesday.
View the the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Toronto-Brooklyn match-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal