Raptors Upset Nets in Game 4, Ties Series at 2-2
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 12:20 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors turned to their defense in the tail end of the game shutting down the Brooklyn Nets inside the final five minutes to notch the 87-79 victory in Game 4 of the first round series in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
The Nets led 79-78 at the 4:58 mark and it was the last time they saw the advantage as the Raptors found heroes from their pair of point guards on offense.
Greivis Vasquez hit a clutch three-pointer and then Kyle Lowry made a running hook over Kevin Garnett to give Toronto the lead and the game for good as the Raptors notched their first road victory in the NBA Playoffs since 2001.
Vasquez finished with 9 points off the bench while Lowry had 22 points for the Raptors, who has grabbed back the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair. DeMar DeRozan starred for his squad with 24 points and 5 rebounds while Amir Johnson stepped up his scoring with 17 markers as Jonas Valanciunas (6 points and 6 rebounds) was limited in the game.
Brooklyn failed to net the 3-1 series advantage and the series shifts back up North for Game 5 set on Wednesday.
View the the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Toronto-Brooklyn match-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills