Raptors Upset Nets in Game 4, Ties Series at 2-2
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 12:20 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors turned to their defense in the tail end of the game shutting down the Brooklyn Nets inside the final five minutes to notch the 87-79 victory in Game 4 of the first round series in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
The Nets led 79-78 at the 4:58 mark and it was the last time they saw the advantage as the Raptors found heroes from their pair of point guards on offense.
Greivis Vasquez hit a clutch three-pointer and then Kyle Lowry made a running hook over Kevin Garnett to give Toronto the lead and the game for good as the Raptors notched their first road victory in the NBA Playoffs since 2001.
Vasquez finished with 9 points off the bench while Lowry had 22 points for the Raptors, who has grabbed back the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair. DeMar DeRozan starred for his squad with 24 points and 5 rebounds while Amir Johnson stepped up his scoring with 17 markers as Jonas Valanciunas (6 points and 6 rebounds) was limited in the game.
Brooklyn failed to net the 3-1 series advantage and the series shifts back up North for Game 5 set on Wednesday.
View the the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Toronto-Brooklyn match-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge