Raptors Upset Nets in Game 4, Ties Series at 2-2
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 12:20 PM EST
The Toronto Raptors turned to their defense in the tail end of the game shutting down the Brooklyn Nets inside the final five minutes to notch the 87-79 victory in Game 4 of the first round series in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
The Nets led 79-78 at the 4:58 mark and it was the last time they saw the advantage as the Raptors found heroes from their pair of point guards on offense.
Greivis Vasquez hit a clutch three-pointer and then Kyle Lowry made a running hook over Kevin Garnett to give Toronto the lead and the game for good as the Raptors notched their first road victory in the NBA Playoffs since 2001.
Vasquez finished with 9 points off the bench while Lowry had 22 points for the Raptors, who has grabbed back the homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven affair. DeMar DeRozan starred for his squad with 24 points and 5 rebounds while Amir Johnson stepped up his scoring with 17 markers as Jonas Valanciunas (6 points and 6 rebounds) was limited in the game.
Brooklyn failed to net the 3-1 series advantage and the series shifts back up North for Game 5 set on Wednesday.
View the the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Toronto-Brooklyn match-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe