Titanfall War Games Map Explored and Community Challenge Announced
By Gel Galang | April 28, 2014 12:14 PM EST
With Titanfall players waiting patiently for the release of the first DLC map pack, developer Respawn Entertainment has teased a couple of screenshots and more details about the War Games map.
"When brainstorming ideas for the first Titanfall DLC map pack, the concept of a level in the training mission simulator got a lot of people excited," said Respawn Entertainment in the official Titanfall web site. "The concept maintained throughout development was 'parkour playground.'"
According to the developer, War Games will be a virtual world where Pilots can compete in the simulated environments of Angel City, Rise and Airbase Sierra. In the simulator level, you have themed areas as hardpoints, while the buildings will be featureless similar to training mission rooms.
And as though to simulate reality in the game, some areas of the map are said to be glitching out, so that you know it's a virtual simulator. There are areas based on Rise, where there's a high-risk when it comes to coming into contact with enemies, and the Angel City-based Militia side where rooftop and window-to-window fighting is crucial.
Since it is a parkour playground, according to the developer, the designers have made the map a wall-running-friendly one, where you have coloured force fields found all over the map. Players can even identify some of these as the have arrows for where you can run on the walls, so that you can get used to this way of traversing maps. Check out the screens and some of the features coming with the War Games Titanfall DLC map pack in the link above.
Next Community Challenge already announced
If you're looking for another challenge when playing Titanfall, the next Community Challenge has already been announced, and this time, it will involve Hardpoint Domination.
The challenge this time is to rank as MVP and earn the highest combined total of points for Assault and Defense.
"Show us your highest score of Assault and Defense combined points while ranking as a MVP for your team in Hardpoint Domination," said Respawn over at their official web site.
To join the newest Titanfall Community Challenge, gamers will have to post a picture of the final team result screen via the Disqus comments. If there is a tie, the top scores will be placed for a random drawing to get one winner.
You have until May 2, 3:59 p.m. PDT to try aiming for the challenge, and if you are the lucky winner, you will get the Titanfall Swag Pack: Mad Catz Titanfall headset (compatible for the PC and Xbox versions), a full set of Titanfall patches and a signed Titanfall Art Book.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar