Even Without Nene, Wizards Handle Bulls in Game 4 to Grab 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 11:21 AM EST
"Free Nene" was the chant at the end of game in the nation's capital. Apparently, they didn't even need the Brazilian big man as the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls, 98-89 in Game 4 of their best-of-seven series in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Trevor Ariza stepped up to the scoring role as the veteran forward finished with a playoff career-high 30 points on 6-of-10 shooting from behind the arc. He also added 8 rebounds and 2 steals.
Three other starters did their job to give their team the commanding 3-1 series lead. Bradley Beal had 18 points (7/13 FG, 2/3 3FG), Marcin Gortat with 17 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists and John Wall finished with 15 points, 10 assists and 2 steals.
Taj Gibson led the losing side with his own career-high of 32 markers.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Chicago-Washington series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools