Even Without Nene, Wizards Handle Bulls in Game 4 to Grab 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 11:21 AM EST
"Free Nene" was the chant at the end of game in the nation's capital. Apparently, they didn't even need the Brazilian big man as the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls, 98-89 in Game 4 of their best-of-seven series in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Trevor Ariza stepped up to the scoring role as the veteran forward finished with a playoff career-high 30 points on 6-of-10 shooting from behind the arc. He also added 8 rebounds and 2 steals.
Three other starters did their job to give their team the commanding 3-1 series lead. Bradley Beal had 18 points (7/13 FG, 2/3 3FG), Marcin Gortat with 17 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists and John Wall finished with 15 points, 10 assists and 2 steals.
Taj Gibson led the losing side with his own career-high of 32 markers.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Chicago-Washington series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS