Even Without Nene, Wizards Handle Bulls in Game 4 to Grab 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 11:21 AM EST
"Free Nene" was the chant at the end of game in the nation's capital. Apparently, they didn't even need the Brazilian big man as the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls, 98-89 in Game 4 of their best-of-seven series in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Trevor Ariza stepped up to the scoring role as the veteran forward finished with a playoff career-high 30 points on 6-of-10 shooting from behind the arc. He also added 8 rebounds and 2 steals.
Three other starters did their job to give their team the commanding 3-1 series lead. Bradley Beal had 18 points (7/13 FG, 2/3 3FG), Marcin Gortat with 17 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists and John Wall finished with 15 points, 10 assists and 2 steals.
Taj Gibson led the losing side with his own career-high of 32 markers.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Chicago-Washington series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People