Even Without Nene, Wizards Handle Bulls in Game 4 to Grab 3-1 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 11:21 AM EST
"Free Nene" was the chant at the end of game in the nation's capital. Apparently, they didn't even need the Brazilian big man as the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls, 98-89 in Game 4 of their best-of-seven series in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Trevor Ariza stepped up to the scoring role as the veteran forward finished with a playoff career-high 30 points on 6-of-10 shooting from behind the arc. He also added 8 rebounds and 2 steals.
Three other starters did their job to give their team the commanding 3-1 series lead. Bradley Beal had 18 points (7/13 FG, 2/3 3FG), Marcin Gortat with 17 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists and John Wall finished with 15 points, 10 assists and 2 steals.
Taj Gibson led the losing side with his own career-high of 32 markers.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the Chicago-Washington series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight