Can Rockets Even Series vs. Trail Blazers? Houston vs. Portland Live Streaming Information and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 10:16 AM EST
The Houston Rockets lost two home games to start their best-of-seven affair against the Portland Trail Blazers. Dwight Howard, James Harden and the rest of the Rockets have a chance to get back all the momentum and homecourt advantage if they can manage to get back-to-back wins on the road with a victory on Sunday (Monday morning Australia) in Game 4 of the first round series of the Western Conference Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers
Portland took Game 1 and Game 2 to the tune of 122-120 an 112-105, respectively to get the commanding 2-0 lead in the series. LaMarcus Aldridge was more than huge dropping 46 and 43 points in those games.
Houston won the must-win game in Game 3 at Portland with a score of 121-116 (OT) last Friday. It was the turn of Harden to come up big as the much-criticized shooting guard dropped a playoff career-high of 37 markers and added 9 rebounds and 6 assists.
But the hero for Houston was an unheralded rookie in Troy Daniels, who hit a go-ahead three-pointer with 11.9 seconds to go in the extra period. Daniels ended up with 9 points even as Dwight Howard (24 points and 14 rebounds), Patrick Beverley (16 points and 9 rebounds) and Chandler Parsons (15 points) all had good performances for the Rockets.
Against the twin towers of Omer Asik and Howard, Aldridge was contained to just 23 points in the last game. The Blazers big man missed 14-of-22 shots.
Portland was led by Damian Lillard, who had 30 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists to continue his impressive performance in his first-ever playoff series. Nicolas Batum, who missed a potential game-tying three pointer late in OT had 26 points and 9 rebounds.
Watch the Rockets and Blazers via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop