Can Rockets Even Series vs. Trail Blazers? Houston vs. Portland Live Streaming Information and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 10:16 AM EST
The Houston Rockets lost two home games to start their best-of-seven affair against the Portland Trail Blazers. Dwight Howard, James Harden and the rest of the Rockets have a chance to get back all the momentum and homecourt advantage if they can manage to get back-to-back wins on the road with a victory on Sunday (Monday morning Australia) in Game 4 of the first round series of the Western Conference Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers
Portland took Game 1 and Game 2 to the tune of 122-120 an 112-105, respectively to get the commanding 2-0 lead in the series. LaMarcus Aldridge was more than huge dropping 46 and 43 points in those games.
Houston won the must-win game in Game 3 at Portland with a score of 121-116 (OT) last Friday. It was the turn of Harden to come up big as the much-criticized shooting guard dropped a playoff career-high of 37 markers and added 9 rebounds and 6 assists.
But the hero for Houston was an unheralded rookie in Troy Daniels, who hit a go-ahead three-pointer with 11.9 seconds to go in the extra period. Daniels ended up with 9 points even as Dwight Howard (24 points and 14 rebounds), Patrick Beverley (16 points and 9 rebounds) and Chandler Parsons (15 points) all had good performances for the Rockets.
Against the twin towers of Omer Asik and Howard, Aldridge was contained to just 23 points in the last game. The Blazers big man missed 14-of-22 shots.
Portland was led by Damian Lillard, who had 30 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists to continue his impressive performance in his first-ever playoff series. Nicolas Batum, who missed a potential game-tying three pointer late in OT had 26 points and 9 rebounds.
Watch the Rockets and Blazers via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown