Can Rockets Even Series vs. Trail Blazers? Houston vs. Portland Live Streaming Information and Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | April 28, 2014 10:16 AM EST
The Houston Rockets lost two home games to start their best-of-seven affair against the Portland Trail Blazers. Dwight Howard, James Harden and the rest of the Rockets have a chance to get back all the momentum and homecourt advantage if they can manage to get back-to-back wins on the road with a victory on Sunday (Monday morning Australia) in Game 4 of the first round series of the Western Conference Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Houston Rockets at Portland Trail Blazers
Portland took Game 1 and Game 2 to the tune of 122-120 an 112-105, respectively to get the commanding 2-0 lead in the series. LaMarcus Aldridge was more than huge dropping 46 and 43 points in those games.
Houston won the must-win game in Game 3 at Portland with a score of 121-116 (OT) last Friday. It was the turn of Harden to come up big as the much-criticized shooting guard dropped a playoff career-high of 37 markers and added 9 rebounds and 6 assists.
But the hero for Houston was an unheralded rookie in Troy Daniels, who hit a go-ahead three-pointer with 11.9 seconds to go in the extra period. Daniels ended up with 9 points even as Dwight Howard (24 points and 14 rebounds), Patrick Beverley (16 points and 9 rebounds) and Chandler Parsons (15 points) all had good performances for the Rockets.
Against the twin towers of Omer Asik and Howard, Aldridge was contained to just 23 points in the last game. The Blazers big man missed 14-of-22 shots.
Portland was led by Damian Lillard, who had 30 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists to continue his impressive performance in his first-ever playoff series. Nicolas Batum, who missed a potential game-tying three pointer late in OT had 26 points and 9 rebounds.
Watch the Rockets and Blazers via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28