Jennette McCurdy Says Goodbye for Real to 'Sam & Cat' Show: Not Coming Back?
By Diadem Pambid | April 28, 2014 9:33 AM EST
After the final episode of "Sam & Cat" aired last April 26, it seems as if fans won't be able to see both lead stars in the same show anymore. News has it that Sam's actress, Jennette McCurdy has bid farewell to the Nickelodeon television series. What pushed McCurdy to say goodbye for good to a well-loved series?
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
This isn't new to the ears of "Sam & Cat" fans. Reports of the shows' cancellation were quite ripe long before Jennette McCurdy's sexy selfie leaks and Ariana Grande's busy body schedule with her second album. Well, now the show is officially on hiatus following the last episode which was aired April 26.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
"Arianators" and "McCurdians" won't be able to see their favourite stars join forces for the show. As much as the reports go, the hiatus is more of a cancellation. In fact, Jennette McCurdy has allegedly already said goodbye to the show according to various reports on the web.
Even with the show on hiatus, the reason as to why the show was cancelled remains unresolved. Critics blamed Jennette's sexy selfie leaks while a few others claim it was the unfair pay out for both stars. Rumours claimed Grande was paid more than McCurdy which caused the rift between both actresses.
Adding fuel to the feud rumours was Jennette's notable absence during the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. In response to reports as to why she had chosen to ditch the show, McCurdy posted a lengthy tweet on Twitter.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," stated McCurdy on her account.
In addition, McCurdy was spotted out and about with Grande's former frenemy, Victoria Justice. Could Jennette have asked for advice regarding her own feud with Ariana Grande? Hopefully, this won't be the last fans will see of Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast