Jennette McCurdy Says Goodbye for Real to 'Sam & Cat' Show: Not Coming Back?
By Diadem Pambid | April 28, 2014 9:33 AM EST
After the final episode of "Sam & Cat" aired last April 26, it seems as if fans won't be able to see both lead stars in the same show anymore. News has it that Sam's actress, Jennette McCurdy has bid farewell to the Nickelodeon television series. What pushed McCurdy to say goodbye for good to a well-loved series?
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
This isn't new to the ears of "Sam & Cat" fans. Reports of the shows' cancellation were quite ripe long before Jennette McCurdy's sexy selfie leaks and Ariana Grande's busy body schedule with her second album. Well, now the show is officially on hiatus following the last episode which was aired April 26.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
"Arianators" and "McCurdians" won't be able to see their favourite stars join forces for the show. As much as the reports go, the hiatus is more of a cancellation. In fact, Jennette McCurdy has allegedly already said goodbye to the show according to various reports on the web.
Even with the show on hiatus, the reason as to why the show was cancelled remains unresolved. Critics blamed Jennette's sexy selfie leaks while a few others claim it was the unfair pay out for both stars. Rumours claimed Grande was paid more than McCurdy which caused the rift between both actresses.
Adding fuel to the feud rumours was Jennette's notable absence during the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. In response to reports as to why she had chosen to ditch the show, McCurdy posted a lengthy tweet on Twitter.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," stated McCurdy on her account.
In addition, McCurdy was spotted out and about with Grande's former frenemy, Victoria Justice. Could Jennette have asked for advice regarding her own feud with Ariana Grande? Hopefully, this won't be the last fans will see of Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2