Jennette McCurdy Says Goodbye for Real to 'Sam & Cat' Show: Not Coming Back?
By Diadem Pambid | April 28, 2014 9:33 AM EST
After the final episode of "Sam & Cat" aired last April 26, it seems as if fans won't be able to see both lead stars in the same show anymore. News has it that Sam's actress, Jennette McCurdy has bid farewell to the Nickelodeon television series. What pushed McCurdy to say goodbye for good to a well-loved series?
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
This isn't new to the ears of "Sam & Cat" fans. Reports of the shows' cancellation were quite ripe long before Jennette McCurdy's sexy selfie leaks and Ariana Grande's busy body schedule with her second album. Well, now the show is officially on hiatus following the last episode which was aired April 26.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
"Arianators" and "McCurdians" won't be able to see their favourite stars join forces for the show. As much as the reports go, the hiatus is more of a cancellation. In fact, Jennette McCurdy has allegedly already said goodbye to the show according to various reports on the web.
Even with the show on hiatus, the reason as to why the show was cancelled remains unresolved. Critics blamed Jennette's sexy selfie leaks while a few others claim it was the unfair pay out for both stars. Rumours claimed Grande was paid more than McCurdy which caused the rift between both actresses.
Adding fuel to the feud rumours was Jennette's notable absence during the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. In response to reports as to why she had chosen to ditch the show, McCurdy posted a lengthy tweet on Twitter.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," stated McCurdy on her account.
In addition, McCurdy was spotted out and about with Grande's former frenemy, Victoria Justice. Could Jennette have asked for advice regarding her own feud with Ariana Grande? Hopefully, this won't be the last fans will see of Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS