Jennette McCurdy Says Goodbye for Real to 'Sam & Cat' Show: Not Coming Back?
By Diadem Pambid | April 28, 2014 9:33 AM EST
After the final episode of "Sam & Cat" aired last April 26, it seems as if fans won't be able to see both lead stars in the same show anymore. News has it that Sam's actress, Jennette McCurdy has bid farewell to the Nickelodeon television series. What pushed McCurdy to say goodbye for good to a well-loved series?
Jennette McCurdy Sparks Rumors of Fight With Ariana Grande by Skipping Kid's Choice Awards
This isn't new to the ears of "Sam & Cat" fans. Reports of the shows' cancellation were quite ripe long before Jennette McCurdy's sexy selfie leaks and Ariana Grande's busy body schedule with her second album. Well, now the show is officially on hiatus following the last episode which was aired April 26.
"We are wrapping up what was an unusually long production cycle of Sam & Cat, and everyone is understandably tired," says a Nickelodeon representative to E! News (via NewsOxy.com), adding, "We are going into our production hiatus next week which will give everyone on the show a much needed rest."
"Arianators" and "McCurdians" won't be able to see their favourite stars join forces for the show. As much as the reports go, the hiatus is more of a cancellation. In fact, Jennette McCurdy has allegedly already said goodbye to the show according to various reports on the web.
Even with the show on hiatus, the reason as to why the show was cancelled remains unresolved. Critics blamed Jennette's sexy selfie leaks while a few others claim it was the unfair pay out for both stars. Rumours claimed Grande was paid more than McCurdy which caused the rift between both actresses.
Adding fuel to the feud rumours was Jennette's notable absence during the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. In response to reports as to why she had chosen to ditch the show, McCurdy posted a lengthy tweet on Twitter.
"I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing," stated McCurdy on her account.
In addition, McCurdy was spotted out and about with Grande's former frenemy, Victoria Justice. Could Jennette have asked for advice regarding her own feud with Ariana Grande? Hopefully, this won't be the last fans will see of Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools