‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Actor Sam Claflin: Five Things You Don't Know
By Riza Ornos | April 28, 2014 7:46 AM EST
Spotted recently frolicking in the beach with his wife Laura Haddock, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" star Sam Claflin was photographed enjoying the sun days before the celebration of their first wedding anniversary. The star also revealed some juicy details about the film's third installment during his interview with Extra at the Universal Studios Hollywood.
Actors Sam Claflin (L) and Josh Hutcherson pose backstage with their award for Best Movie of the Year and Hutcherson's award for Best Male Performance for the film "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Although he doesn't want to give out anything, the British actor revealed that filming of the movie went smoothly. "I want to tell you everything, that's the worst part. All I can say is it's going very well and looks amazing," says Claflin. The sets are incredible and the costumes are insane. I'm thinking about it and I'm smiling. There's a lot more to come."
While preparing for the Part 2 of "Mockingjay," Claflin premiered his all new psychological thriller "The Quiet One" on April 25. Known for his role as Finnick Odair, the 27-year-old actor was anxious on playing the role as Finnick on "Catching Fire" last year but it turned out that fans loved his performance.
Here are the five things you don't know about Sam Claflin.
1. Before landing the famous role, Claflin was worried about playing Finnick Odair. "I remember reading a blog that had a long list of names of actors who should be playing (Finnick Odair) and my name was not on it," recalled the actor. "Finnick was a fan favourite when the novels came out, and it was the first time I had to do an American accent. I thought, 'I have to step up my game.'"
2. Before he was cast in the "Hunger Games" series, the English actor was known as Philip Swift in the "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" and William in "Snow White and the Huntsman."
3. He started dating his wife, British actress Laura Haddock, back in 2011 and after a year of dating her married her in July 2013. The loved-up pair was spotted recently in Hawaii enjoying a vacation together.
4. Directed by John Pogue, Sam's 1970-inspired horror movie was shot in three-in-a-half-weeks. "Shooting a movie in three and a half weeks was tough, we were under a lot of pressure. Luckily we had rehearsals before but it's a tough schedule to stick to," said Claflin during an interview with BANG Showbiz.
5. When asked on how Claflin portrayed Finnick in "Catching Fire," director Francis Lawrence revealed that he did an excellent job. "Finnick's an interesting character," said Francis in an interview with MTV. "At first he feels like a bit of a flirt and there's a little bit of sexual tension, but really you kind of fall in love with the guy and you see that there's a real deep emotional side to him. It's one of the reasons I really hired him in the first place was that it's where his character goes in the next couple of stories and I just think he did a fantastic job."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up