‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4, Ep 4 Spoilers: Varys, Jaime Help Tyrion in ‘Oathkeeper’ -- Another ‘Shocking’ Death in Westeros? [Watch Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | April 27, 2014 11:17 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 4, titled "Oathkeeper," airs on HBO this Sunday, Apr. 27. In this week's new episode, Cersei Lannister throws Jaime Lannister a pseudo hypothetical: Will Jaime kill Sansa Stark for her? The Queen Regent (again) asks. GOT fans must watch S4xE4. Another "shocking death" could unfold.
Author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series \"Game of Thrones\" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Game of Thrones Season 4. Episode 4 ("Oathkeeper") could feature another major character's death, based on the events in George R.R. Martin's book series, "A Song of Ice and Fire."
In the Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4 promo video, Cersei (Lena Headey) compels Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) to find and kill Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner). Viewers look forward to seeing how Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) will participate in this "Sansa mission."
Sansa is currently in the custody of the cunning Petyr Baelish aka Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen). Speaking to VH1.com, Gillen said Littlefinger is looking at Sansa as a potential "partner in crime." In the same interview, Gillen hinted his role in the death of King Joffrey in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2.
Will Jaime kill Sansa Stark despite Brienne's allegiance to the late Catelyn Stark (Michelle Fairley)? In Martin's book series, Jaime lends Brienne the Valyrian sword made of Stark steel, the "Oathkeeper." He asks her to find Sansa and honour the pledge he made to Sansa's mother, Catelyn.
Also in the books, Jaime does not kill Tyrion as Cersei begged him to do. Instead, Jaime turns to Varys aka the Spider, when the trial fails to free Tyrion. Shortly after this, Tyrion kills Tywin Lannister. These things could be seen in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4, but perhaps with some tweaks. (GOT fans are still reeling from the "rape" scene a week ago.)
In the book, Oberyn Martell sees Tyrion's trial as an opportunity to advance his personal vendetta. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister could have some stellar moments again in GOT 4x4. Meanwhile, Tyrion's faithful lad, Podrick Payne aka Pod (Daniel Portman) is about to cross paths with Brienne.
WATCH: Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4 ('Oathkeeper') | HBO on YouTube Videos
Here are some of the must-see developments in GOT 4. To comment on or discuss the YouTube video below, follow this link.
Game of Thrones Season 4 airs Sundays on HBO. The next new episode, "First of His Name," airs on May 4.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'Game of Thrones' Season 4, Episode 3 Review, Spoilers: Controversial 'Rape' Scene; King Joffrey Suspects Shortlist [Watch GOT 3x4 Promo Video]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4, Episode 1 Spoilers: Watch Promo Videos, Daenerys Targaryen and the 'New Daario Naharis' [TRAILERS]
'Arrow' Season 2, Episode 20 Recap, Spoilers: Moira Queen First in Deathstroke's Revenge; Black Canary Leaves Oliver Queen [VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff