Apple’s 2014 Sales Rising; iPhone 6 Phablet to Destroy Samsung Galaxy Note on Release?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 27, 2014 11:12 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 is undeniably one of the most awaited smartphone in the mobile market. Rumours of its release has always been on the rise, and if speculations were true, iPhone 6 fans can expect the larger iPhone 6 phablet early in June or September 2014.
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York
Meanwhile, Apple is also making waves in revenues this 2014. The sales are showing good numbers with $43.6 billion and amassing a net profit of $9.5 billion. Apple CEO Tim Cook, in a press release in its Web site is especially proud with the company's quarterly reports and said, they are "eagerly looking forward to introducing more new products and services that only Apple could bring to market."
Apple shines in the mobile market in terms of revenues and sale.
Apple has always been a trusted brand in the tech world, but it still fail to beat Samsung when it comes to sales and revenue in the past years. It will not take an analyst's mind to find out the reason behind, Samsung's devices are geared towards users of all income levels, while Apple-holding to its brand's value-is only be acquired to those who can afford it.
However, Apple also tried to tap the emerging markets by releasing the iPhone 5c, the device they tagged as a "cheaper" model. The iPhone 5c was first reported to be a flop, but the Cupertino-based company proved it all wrong and apparently earning the "most desirable smartphone" brand in the emerging markets.
As mentioned earlier, the year 2014 signals a good year for Apple. Apart from being the talk of the town for its upcoming iPhone 6, the company recently announced an immense sale of 43.7 million iPhones, 16 million iPads, and 4 million Mac computer globally in the second quarter of 2014 according to the USA Today. These good numbers slowly cement the brand as the "most preferable" worldwide.
iPhone 6 Phablet as the Apple's First: Will it Be a Success?
Tech geeks have been following iPhone 6's release since rumours fired up last year. It is outshining Apple's present smartphone models, and users cannot seem to wait when they will finally have a peek of the real phone model.
According to reports, Apple will release two models for the iPhone 6, one with the usual 4.7-inch iPhone model and the other will sport a larger 5.7 screen. The larger iPhone is supposedly Apple's first phablet, and there is a possibility that it will crush competitors like Samsung's Galaxy Note series. Currently, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is on the rumour mill, and if predictions of September release will be confirmed, it may compete head on to the iPhone 6 phablet.
In the past months, various renderings of how the iPhone 6 will look have spread online alongside speculation of its features and specifications. While iPhone 6 is definitely a "hot" topic, Apple did not confirm whether these rumours were true nor provided a statement when this new flagship will reach the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS