Watch IPL 2014 Match 17: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Chennai Super Kings Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 27, 2014 11:09 PM EST
The Chennai Super Kings look to be in that mood, where every team that happen to come their way, only end up in one direction - with a loss added to their record.
Where to Watch Live:
Read the report HERE
The South Indian Derby is scheduled for an 8 pm IST(6.30 pm local time, 3.30 pm GMT, 10.30 am ET) start with live coverage on Sony Six and Sony Max in India. Catch the action via live streaming in India HERE or HERE. Viewers in the US can live stream the action HERE, while audience in Canada can do the same HERE. Rest of the world can catch the IPL action HERE, HERE or through the GoCricket apps.
Viewers in the UK can catch the action live on ITV, while Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will have TV coverage via Geo Super, Maasaranga TV and Carlton Sports Network respectively. Viewers in the Middle East and North Africa can catch the action on OSN and with the link HERE, while New Zealand viewers can do the same through Sky NZ HERE.
After losing the first game of the season, in a high-scoring humdinger against Kings XI Punjab, CSK have rolled to three straight wins in dominating fashion to underline their title credentials once again, and they will be confident of making it four wins out of four when they take on the Sunrisers Hyderabad in Sharjah on Sunday.
On paper, there is very little weakness in this CSK side, with Brendon McCullum and Dwayne Smith providing that lethal combination at the top of the innings, while the likes of Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Faf Du Plessis and Ravindra Jadeja provide more firepower.
Their bowling unit is also equally capable with Ben Hilfenhaus acting as a calming influence in the fast bowling department, while Mohit Sharma and Ishwar Pandey have impressed. In R Ashwin and Jadeja, Dhoni has two quality spinners to play with, making this CSK lineup as formidable as they come.
"It is nice to be on a roll in T20 cricket and it is good to be on that roll at the moment," Hilfenhaus told IPL's official website. "Hopefully we can just continue that for the rest of the tournament."
CSK eased past the Mumbai Indians in their previous match, but they will be up against a Sunrisers side with confidence taking shape amongst the players, after the Hyderabad side picked up their first win of IPL 2014 with a four-run win over the Delhi Daredevils on Friday in a high-scoring encounter.
The explosive top three of Shikhar Dhawan, Aaron Finch and David Warner finally came to the fore on Friday, with all three batsmen scoring runs to help the Sunrisers to a big total of 184. Their bowlers were not quite up to the mark, a little surprisingly, against DD, but they did enough to ensure their first win in three attempts.
Hyderabad will know the importance of converting the opening win into a run of victories just like CSK have done this season, and they will again bank on their three batsmen at the top to give them that impetus.
Their bowling department has always been their strong suit, led by the best fast bowler in the world - Dale Steyn -- and if the bowlers can quell the CSK openers in the beginning, then they will grab the initiative.
Much will depend on how the batsmen perform and if the bowlers can restrict the CSK juggernaut. The Sunrisers will need to be perfect in both departments to get over the line against a Super Kings side right on top of their game.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date