Liverpool vs. Chelsea Live Stream, Preview, Schedule, Commentary & Gamecast
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 27, 2014 10:10 PM EST
The English Premier League season now enters its homestretch mark, with pace-setters Liverpool and Chelsea gunning for a pivotal win in their upcoming showdown on Sunday at Anfield.
With few games left in their EPL campaign, Liverpool (25-5-5, 80 pts) is currently on the driving seat to win the league championship with a five-point advantage over trailer Chelsea (23-6-6, 75 pts) in the current standings.
Reds manager Brendan Rodgers credited his team's reemergence as a title-contender to the terrific transformation showcased by ace gunner Luis Suarez, who has become the leading candidate for the Professional Footballers' Association's player of the year.
Suarez, who was the center of controversy because of his brow-raising antics on and off the field last year, will make his return in Anfield as the most prolific goal-scorer in the league with 30 goals in as many games.
"He is a brilliant talent. I think the supporters have seen him mature over the course of the last season," Rodgers said of Suarez during pre-game conference on Saturday via ESPN. "I think he was in a real low moment after that game (against Chelsea last year) but he has gone away and probably looked in the mirror and reflected on himself because he is not that type of guy and it probably just spilled over.
"He is a really intelligent man who fits the values of this club, which is all about humility, class and he has all of that. He is a sheer winner and that probably overspilled last year, but his development over the last year has been remarkable both on and off the field and Liverpool have benefited from that.
"For me he is the consistently outstanding player over the course of the last year."
Meanwhile, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is on the brink of finishing his second consecutive season without a league trophy. However, the Portuguese tactician insisted that he's not worry about failing to bag the league championship, as long as his players work hard every game.
"I'm not worried about it. I think match after match. When you give everything you have, when you try everything, when you work hard, when the group is good, when the group respects the club and the fans, you wait for the end of the season and you see what destiny has for you," Mourinho stressed.
Live Stream, Gamecast & Commentary
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal