Liverpool vs. Chelsea Live Stream, Preview, Schedule, Commentary & Gamecast
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 27, 2014 10:10 PM EST
The English Premier League season now enters its homestretch mark, with pace-setters Liverpool and Chelsea gunning for a pivotal win in their upcoming showdown on Sunday at Anfield.
With few games left in their EPL campaign, Liverpool (25-5-5, 80 pts) is currently on the driving seat to win the league championship with a five-point advantage over trailer Chelsea (23-6-6, 75 pts) in the current standings.
Reds manager Brendan Rodgers credited his team's reemergence as a title-contender to the terrific transformation showcased by ace gunner Luis Suarez, who has become the leading candidate for the Professional Footballers' Association's player of the year.
Suarez, who was the center of controversy because of his brow-raising antics on and off the field last year, will make his return in Anfield as the most prolific goal-scorer in the league with 30 goals in as many games.
"He is a brilliant talent. I think the supporters have seen him mature over the course of the last season," Rodgers said of Suarez during pre-game conference on Saturday via ESPN. "I think he was in a real low moment after that game (against Chelsea last year) but he has gone away and probably looked in the mirror and reflected on himself because he is not that type of guy and it probably just spilled over.
"He is a really intelligent man who fits the values of this club, which is all about humility, class and he has all of that. He is a sheer winner and that probably overspilled last year, but his development over the last year has been remarkable both on and off the field and Liverpool have benefited from that.
"For me he is the consistently outstanding player over the course of the last year."
Meanwhile, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is on the brink of finishing his second consecutive season without a league trophy. However, the Portuguese tactician insisted that he's not worry about failing to bag the league championship, as long as his players work hard every game.
"I'm not worried about it. I think match after match. When you give everything you have, when you try everything, when you work hard, when the group is good, when the group respects the club and the fans, you wait for the end of the season and you see what destiny has for you," Mourinho stressed.
Live Stream, Gamecast & Commentary
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around