Watch English Premier League: Liverpool vs Chelsea Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 27, 2014 9:51 PM EST
Liverpool are likely to come up against a weakened Chelsea side on Sunday; but they will hardly care, knowing full well that at Anfield, they are capable of beating any side in the world on current form.
Where to Watch Live:
Get the report HERE
The possible title decider is scheduled for a 2.05 pm BST (6.35 pm IST, 9.05 am ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. The game can also be watched online via live streaming in India HERE. Watch the game in the US HERE, while UK viewers can watch the match live HERE. Viewers in the Middle East and North Africa can live stream the action HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can do so HERE. Latin America viewers can live stream the game HERE. The game can be live streamed by Canada viewers HERE, while Australia viewers can do the same HERE.
The Reds have been near untouchable at home, killing teams off in the first 20 minutes with their unrelenting, explosive pace-filled attacking football, and Brendan Rodgers will target a similar opening against a Chelsea side built to withstand such an assault.
Jose Mourinho threatened to put out a weakened side in protest of having to play on Sunday with a massive champions League semifinal against Atletico Madrid looming in three days.
Rodgers, however, is aware, no matter what team comes up against them, Liverpool will have to be at their best to continue their march towards the English Premier League title.
"I saw suggestions that he may play a weakened team, but I think it is hugely disrespectful to some of their players if they are deemed to be the weaker ones in the squad," Rodgers said. "Whatever team they put out it will cost more money than ours and be more experienced than ours.
"It is difficult because they have the game in midweek. There is no doubt that if they put the same team out on Wednesday as on Sunday there will be a cost to that.
"We've seen it with Manchester City. When they played us it was an intense game because of the nature of our game - we work tirelessly and are aggressive in attack and defence. And when they played Sunderland after that it had a real cost and they ended up drawing the game."
Every time Liverpool have been tipped to stumble in the title race, they have answered back with a win, and most often, an emphatic one. Their current winning run stands at an amazing 11 and only a brave man would bet against them making it 12.
"We know Sunday is a significant game but over our last 11 games we have played a lot of significant games," Rodgers added. "This is another big hurdle but it is three points at the end of it. Our focus is very much on the next game.
"We are playing with lots of confidence. We have had to show a lot of qualities in recent games and they will put us in good stead."
Chelsea are five points behind Liverpool with three games remaining, following that massive loss to Sunderland at Stamford Bridge last weekend, and Mourinho knows even a win at Anfield on Sunday will not make then favourites for the title.
Manchester City, who play Crystal Palace later on Sunday, are six points behind Liverpool with a game in hand, and will be the biggest fans of Chelsea for two hours starting 2 pm BST.
Team news: Liverpool: Jose Enrique remains ruled out with a knee injury, while striker Daniel Sturridge is a doubt with a hamstring problem.
Chelsea: Mourinho lost the services of goalkeeper Petr Cech for the rest of the season, while John Terry also picked up an injury which rules him out of the match on Sunday, and most probably, the second leg against Atletico. Eden Hazard has still not recovered from his injury, while Samuel Eto'o also remains sidelined. Ramires will not play in the Premier League again this season after being handed a four-match ban.
Expected lineups: Liverpool: Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan; Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho; Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge.
Chelsea: Schwarzer; Kalas, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole; Matic, Mikel, Salah, Lampard, Schurrle; Ba.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies