Battlefield 4: Rubber Banding Issues Addressed by DICE, Deploys High-performance Servers
By Aditya Bhat | April 27, 2014 8:46 PM EST
DICE, the developer of FPS video game, Battlefield 4 has kept its promise as it eventually deploys 'high-performance' servers to tackle the issue of rubber banding in the problem-prone video game.
Battlefield 4's rubber banding issues fixed.
The issue of rubber banding has been affecting several players. Rubber banding called sometimes as warping, is an annoying issue that makes players reappear in a spot that they had moments before headed out.
DICE announced that developers were able to find the root cause of the issue. It said that it was caused by a "configuration of certain hardware types dedicated to 64-player matches."
Karl Magnus Troedsson, vice president and general manager at DICE confirmed that the company had not only deployed, but also positively tested it, post deployment.
"We have invested in new hardware to resolve this issue and deployed new higher-performance servers this week. In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue," wrote Troedsson on the game's official blog.
"We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue," he added.
He also said that though the company took time to fix the issue troubling Battlefield 4 players, he wanted to be 100 percent sure that the solution would continue to stay for good as a long-term fix.
Reiterating DICE's commitment for better player experience in video games, he said that the objective of DICE was to deliver them the best player experience.
Battlefield 4 has encountered issues since its launch. Its publisher, EA has however defended these issues by saying that the company will not stop until the issue is corrected. It reiterated the commitment to resolve the issues in the game as a number one priority. It had also said that it will not be working on its future projects until the issues were fixed.
Image credit: battlefield.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks