Box Office Collection: '2 States' Dominates over 'Revolver Rani', 'Kaanchi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 27, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's "2 States" has dominated over new releases "Revolver Rani" and "Kaanchi" at the box office.
"2 States" has managed to perform well at the Indian box office despite the release of new films. The romantic entertainer has minted around ₹3.51 crore on its second Friday (25 April) and ₹5.55 crore on second Saturday (26 April). The film's nine-day collections amount is ₹69.83 crore at the Indian box office, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr. Grand total: ₹69.83 cr nett. India biz. INCREDIBLE!," Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" has already surpassed the lifetime collections of "Queen" which stands at around ₹61 crore. However, the film is yet to beat the lifetime collections fetched by Arjun-Ranveer's "Gunday" (around ₹78 crore) and "Jai Ho" (more than ₹100 crore) to emerge as the biggest grosser of 2014 (so far).
If the romantic entertainer manages to sustain its momentum, it might surpass "Gunday" lifetime collections, but it might be difficult for the film to beat "Jai Ho" figures. Interestingly, "2 States" has surpassed the second Friday collections of "Jai Ho." While the Arjun-Alia starrer raked in ₹3.51 crore on second Friday, "Jai Ho" had fetched only ₹3.40 crore.
As of now, "2 States" is performing better than "Revolver Rani", "Kanchi" and "Samrat and Co." The film is expected to post a good total at the end of its second weekend by doing good business on Sunday (27 April). With no big releases for the next few days, the Abhishek Varman directorial is likely to continue its good run at the box office. Whether the film will be able to cross the ₹100-crore mark or not will depend on its performance in its third and fourth weeks.
"Revovler Rani" and "Kanchi"
After the stupendous success of "Queen," Kangana Ranaut is back with "Revolver Rani." The film received average reviews from critics, but Kangana's performance was appreciated. The comedy drama flick reportedly earned around ₹1.75 crore on its first day and it witnessed minimal growth on Saturday by minting around ₹2 crore.
"Revolver Rani" has performed better than other two new releases, which have failed to impress the audience. Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi" fared poorly by raking in around ₹70 lakh and ₹80 lakh on Friday and Saturday, respectively. The other new release "Samrat & Co." is a non performer at the box office.
Image credit: Facebook/ 2 States
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?