Box Office Collection: '2 States' Dominates over 'Revolver Rani', 'Kaanchi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 27, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's "2 States" has dominated over new releases "Revolver Rani" and "Kaanchi" at the box office.
"2 States" has managed to perform well at the Indian box office despite the release of new films. The romantic entertainer has minted around ₹3.51 crore on its second Friday (25 April) and ₹5.55 crore on second Saturday (26 April). The film's nine-day collections amount is ₹69.83 crore at the Indian box office, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr. Grand total: ₹69.83 cr nett. India biz. INCREDIBLE!," Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" has already surpassed the lifetime collections of "Queen" which stands at around ₹61 crore. However, the film is yet to beat the lifetime collections fetched by Arjun-Ranveer's "Gunday" (around ₹78 crore) and "Jai Ho" (more than ₹100 crore) to emerge as the biggest grosser of 2014 (so far).
If the romantic entertainer manages to sustain its momentum, it might surpass "Gunday" lifetime collections, but it might be difficult for the film to beat "Jai Ho" figures. Interestingly, "2 States" has surpassed the second Friday collections of "Jai Ho." While the Arjun-Alia starrer raked in ₹3.51 crore on second Friday, "Jai Ho" had fetched only ₹3.40 crore.
As of now, "2 States" is performing better than "Revolver Rani", "Kanchi" and "Samrat and Co." The film is expected to post a good total at the end of its second weekend by doing good business on Sunday (27 April). With no big releases for the next few days, the Abhishek Varman directorial is likely to continue its good run at the box office. Whether the film will be able to cross the ₹100-crore mark or not will depend on its performance in its third and fourth weeks.
"Revovler Rani" and "Kanchi"
After the stupendous success of "Queen," Kangana Ranaut is back with "Revolver Rani." The film received average reviews from critics, but Kangana's performance was appreciated. The comedy drama flick reportedly earned around ₹1.75 crore on its first day and it witnessed minimal growth on Saturday by minting around ₹2 crore.
"Revolver Rani" has performed better than other two new releases, which have failed to impress the audience. Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi" fared poorly by raking in around ₹70 lakh and ₹80 lakh on Friday and Saturday, respectively. The other new release "Samrat & Co." is a non performer at the box office.
Image credit: Facebook/ 2 States
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef