Box Office Collection: '2 States' Dominates over 'Revolver Rani', 'Kaanchi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 27, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's "2 States" has dominated over new releases "Revolver Rani" and "Kaanchi" at the box office.
"2 States" has managed to perform well at the Indian box office despite the release of new films. The romantic entertainer has minted around ₹3.51 crore on its second Friday (25 April) and ₹5.55 crore on second Saturday (26 April). The film's nine-day collections amount is ₹69.83 crore at the Indian box office, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr. Grand total: ₹69.83 cr nett. India biz. INCREDIBLE!," Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" has already surpassed the lifetime collections of "Queen" which stands at around ₹61 crore. However, the film is yet to beat the lifetime collections fetched by Arjun-Ranveer's "Gunday" (around ₹78 crore) and "Jai Ho" (more than ₹100 crore) to emerge as the biggest grosser of 2014 (so far).
If the romantic entertainer manages to sustain its momentum, it might surpass "Gunday" lifetime collections, but it might be difficult for the film to beat "Jai Ho" figures. Interestingly, "2 States" has surpassed the second Friday collections of "Jai Ho." While the Arjun-Alia starrer raked in ₹3.51 crore on second Friday, "Jai Ho" had fetched only ₹3.40 crore.
As of now, "2 States" is performing better than "Revolver Rani", "Kanchi" and "Samrat and Co." The film is expected to post a good total at the end of its second weekend by doing good business on Sunday (27 April). With no big releases for the next few days, the Abhishek Varman directorial is likely to continue its good run at the box office. Whether the film will be able to cross the ₹100-crore mark or not will depend on its performance in its third and fourth weeks.
"Revovler Rani" and "Kanchi"
After the stupendous success of "Queen," Kangana Ranaut is back with "Revolver Rani." The film received average reviews from critics, but Kangana's performance was appreciated. The comedy drama flick reportedly earned around ₹1.75 crore on its first day and it witnessed minimal growth on Saturday by minting around ₹2 crore.
"Revolver Rani" has performed better than other two new releases, which have failed to impress the audience. Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi" fared poorly by raking in around ₹70 lakh and ₹80 lakh on Friday and Saturday, respectively. The other new release "Samrat & Co." is a non performer at the box office.
Image credit: Facebook/ 2 States
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS