Box Office Collection: '2 States' Dominates over 'Revolver Rani', 'Kaanchi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 27, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's "2 States" has dominated over new releases "Revolver Rani" and "Kaanchi" at the box office.
"2 States" has managed to perform well at the Indian box office despite the release of new films. The romantic entertainer has minted around ₹3.51 crore on its second Friday (25 April) and ₹5.55 crore on second Saturday (26 April). The film's nine-day collections amount is ₹69.83 crore at the Indian box office, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr. Grand total: ₹69.83 cr nett. India biz. INCREDIBLE!," Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" has already surpassed the lifetime collections of "Queen" which stands at around ₹61 crore. However, the film is yet to beat the lifetime collections fetched by Arjun-Ranveer's "Gunday" (around ₹78 crore) and "Jai Ho" (more than ₹100 crore) to emerge as the biggest grosser of 2014 (so far).
If the romantic entertainer manages to sustain its momentum, it might surpass "Gunday" lifetime collections, but it might be difficult for the film to beat "Jai Ho" figures. Interestingly, "2 States" has surpassed the second Friday collections of "Jai Ho." While the Arjun-Alia starrer raked in ₹3.51 crore on second Friday, "Jai Ho" had fetched only ₹3.40 crore.
As of now, "2 States" is performing better than "Revolver Rani", "Kanchi" and "Samrat and Co." The film is expected to post a good total at the end of its second weekend by doing good business on Sunday (27 April). With no big releases for the next few days, the Abhishek Varman directorial is likely to continue its good run at the box office. Whether the film will be able to cross the ₹100-crore mark or not will depend on its performance in its third and fourth weeks.
"Revovler Rani" and "Kanchi"
After the stupendous success of "Queen," Kangana Ranaut is back with "Revolver Rani." The film received average reviews from critics, but Kangana's performance was appreciated. The comedy drama flick reportedly earned around ₹1.75 crore on its first day and it witnessed minimal growth on Saturday by minting around ₹2 crore.
"Revolver Rani" has performed better than other two new releases, which have failed to impress the audience. Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi" fared poorly by raking in around ₹70 lakh and ₹80 lakh on Friday and Saturday, respectively. The other new release "Samrat & Co." is a non performer at the box office.
Image credit: Facebook/ 2 States
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast