Box Office Collection: '2 States' Dominates over 'Revolver Rani', 'Kaanchi'
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 27, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Arjun Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's "2 States" has dominated over new releases "Revolver Rani" and "Kaanchi" at the box office.
"2 States" has managed to perform well at the Indian box office despite the release of new films. The romantic entertainer has minted around ₹3.51 crore on its second Friday (25 April) and ₹5.55 crore on second Saturday (26 April). The film's nine-day collections amount is ₹69.83 crore at the Indian box office, according to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
"#2States [Week 2] Fri 3.51 cr, Sat 5.55 cr. Grand total: ₹69.83 cr nett. India biz. INCREDIBLE!," Adarsh tweeted.
"2 States" has already surpassed the lifetime collections of "Queen" which stands at around ₹61 crore. However, the film is yet to beat the lifetime collections fetched by Arjun-Ranveer's "Gunday" (around ₹78 crore) and "Jai Ho" (more than ₹100 crore) to emerge as the biggest grosser of 2014 (so far).
If the romantic entertainer manages to sustain its momentum, it might surpass "Gunday" lifetime collections, but it might be difficult for the film to beat "Jai Ho" figures. Interestingly, "2 States" has surpassed the second Friday collections of "Jai Ho." While the Arjun-Alia starrer raked in ₹3.51 crore on second Friday, "Jai Ho" had fetched only ₹3.40 crore.
As of now, "2 States" is performing better than "Revolver Rani", "Kanchi" and "Samrat and Co." The film is expected to post a good total at the end of its second weekend by doing good business on Sunday (27 April). With no big releases for the next few days, the Abhishek Varman directorial is likely to continue its good run at the box office. Whether the film will be able to cross the ₹100-crore mark or not will depend on its performance in its third and fourth weeks.
"Revovler Rani" and "Kanchi"
After the stupendous success of "Queen," Kangana Ranaut is back with "Revolver Rani." The film received average reviews from critics, but Kangana's performance was appreciated. The comedy drama flick reportedly earned around ₹1.75 crore on its first day and it witnessed minimal growth on Saturday by minting around ₹2 crore.
"Revolver Rani" has performed better than other two new releases, which have failed to impress the audience. Subhash Ghai's "Kaanchi" fared poorly by raking in around ₹70 lakh and ₹80 lakh on Friday and Saturday, respectively. The other new release "Samrat & Co." is a non performer at the box office.
Image credit: Facebook/ 2 States
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage