Iggy Azalea's Debut Album Storms US iTune Charts, Projects to Hit Billboard 200
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 27, 2014 7:14 PM EST
Despite mix reviews on her debut album "The New Classic", Iggy Azalea storms the iTune charts in United States a day after its release moving ahead of the animated soundtrack Frozen.
Singer and model Iggy Azalea
Released along with another rap album "Honest" by Future on Tuesday, the Australian rapper's debut album is expected to move 50-55 thousand copies on the opening week and will most likely create a huge wave at US official album chart Billboard 200 within the week.
The debut album contains 10 songs in the track list namely: Walk the Line, Don't Need Y'all, 100, Change Your Life, Fancy, New Bitch, Work, Impossible Is Nothing, Goddess, Black Widow, Lady Patra, and F**k Love.
To promote her new album, Iggy Azalea has scheduled a series of album tour across the various cities all over the US states such as Philadelphia, Brooklyn, New York, Atlanta, Georgia, Sta. Ana, and Los Angeles. The complete details of her "The New Classic" tour can be found at Ticket Master.
According to the album review of Craig Mathieson from Sydney Morning Herald, Iggy Azalea's debut album skillfully upset the convention with her ability to create a fascinating blend of hip-hop and pop into an affecting club music. He gave a 3.5 star rating to the album and stated "On her long-awaited debut album, the Mullumbimby-via-Miami rapper Iggy Azalea gets the job done."
However, a review from Time Magazine made by Nolan Feeny on the 23-year-old platinum-blonde's album has a different take. For him, Iggy Azalea has got ambition but her debut album fails to live up to her own propaganda. He stated: "Azalea gets brownie points for the gutsy name, but simply calling your record a classic does not a classic make - rather, her debut is a paint-by-numbers exercise in what a modern rap album should be: a song name-dropping brands here, a chilled-out track asking for alone-time and admonishing hanger-ons there."
Even with the negative comments from various critics, Iggy Azalea's feat of making a name in the arena of rap music is a pride not just for all Australians but for all rap music lovers all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft