NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers Even Series, Heat build 3-0 Lead, Mavericks Prevail over Spurs
By Tarish Bhat | April 27, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Indiana Pacers defeated the Atlanta Hawks 91-88 to level the postseason series 2-2. Paul George and David West scored three-pointers in the dying stages to get the better of the eighth-seeded Hawks.
Dallas Mavericks Brandan Wright attempting a block in the postseason match against San Antonio Spurs. Reuters
Pacers built an early seven-point lead, but the Hawks rallied in the second quarter to lead the game by eight points. At one point in the third quarter, it looked like Hawks would run away with the game after building a 10-point lead.
As Paul Millsap was benched because of foul trouble, Indiana took full advantage of his absence and topped the Hawks to win Game 4. "Getting him on his heels, putting him in a tough spot, obviously it changes who they are," West said. "The game was getting away from us. He goes to the bench, we closed the gap somewhat."
George scored 24 points and 10 rebounds, while West had 18 points. Paul Millsap finished the game with 29 points and seven rebounds for the visitors.
In the second game of the day, a buzzer-beating three-pointer from Vince Carter lifted the Dallas Mavericks to a 109-108 win over San Antonio Spurs in Game 3.
With less than two seconds remaining on the clock, Carter took a precise pass from Jose Calderon and released the ball just in time to seal the game for Dallas.
"I don't mind taking the game-winning shot," said Carter. "I don't mind missing them, and dealing with it. So I think having that mentality helps me."
Tony Parker finished with 19 points and only managed to score two points in the second half for San Antonio, while Tiago Splitter added 14 points and Kawhi Leonard had 17 points.
In the third game of the day, LeBron James powered Miami Heat to a solid 3-0 lead as they eased past Charlotte Bobcats 98-85. James scored 30 points and 10 rebounds to put Bobcats on the brink of elimination.
Heats, after trailing in most of the first half, made a swift comeback in the second half. Al Jefferson scored 15 points in the first quarter but had just five points in the final three quarters, as he was defended well by Chris Bosh. Dwyane Wade also had a good outing as he finished with 17 points.
"I put it on my shoulders tonight to close out the quarter the right way. And I think that resulted in the way we started the third quarter," James said.
In the final game of the day, Oklahoma City Thunder registered a hard-fought 92-89 win over Memphis Grizzlies in the overtime to square the series 2-2.
Both the teams missed a number of chances, as first Thunder blew their early 14-point lead, then Grizzlies blew their fourth quarter lead, eventually going down in OT. This is the third straight time Memphis have blown their fourth quarter lead.
Reggie Jackson, who had only scored 15 points in the whole series, finished the game with a career-best 32 points. Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook struggled in the game as they finished with 15 points each.
Marc Gasol was the top-scorer for Memphis with 23 points and 11 rebounds, while Tony Allen scored 14 points and 13 rebounds and Zach Randolph finished with 11 points.
Catch highlights of Indiana Pacers v Atlanta Hawks HERE.
Catch highlights of San Antonio Spurs v Dallas Mavericks HERE.
Catch highlights of Miami Heat v Charlotte Bobcats HERE.
Catch highlights of Oklahoma Thunder v Memphis Grizzlies HERE.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia