Bikini Fight at UFC 175: Gina Carano vs. Ronda Rousey in UFC’s Version of Bras and Panties Match?
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 27, 2014 4:44 PM EST
UFC 175 is expected to be the biggest event of the year, with Chris Weidman looking to defend his welterweight championship belt against Lyoto Machida in the main event. But there could be more in store in this pay-per-view special, as reports indicated that former Strikeforce bantamweight champion Gina Carano already agreed to make her UFC debut against reigning champ Ronda Rousey in the co-feature bout of the fight card.
Carano, who was once considered the best female mixed martial arts fighter in the world, will reportedly end her retirement to challenge the still undefeated Rousey.
Rousey has been super-dominant through her first three fights in the UFC Octagon, scoring submission victories against Liz Carmouche and Miesha Tate before pulling off a TKO win over Sara McMann at UFC 170.
On the other hand, Carano catapulted into stardom after retiring from mixed-martial arts in 2009. She has become a successful movie star and fitness model during her hiatus from the MMA world, but it seems the itch to fight is starting to take over her once again.
In a report by Chris Palmquist few weeks ago, he indicated UFC president Dana White confirmed that Carano signed to face Rousey as co-main event for UFC 175.
"On a special edition of UFC Tonight, White joined the cast and officially announced that Carano had indeed signed to return to the UFC. And not only had she signed, but she would be immediately put into a title fight versus champion Ronda Rousey at UFC 175 as the co-main event."
White believed the upcoming UFC pay-per-view event in July become even better with the inclusion of Carano vs. Rousey slugfest.
"This is a huge moment for UFC and especially women's MMA. We feel like this could be the most watched UFC fight ever," said White on a special edition on UFC Tonight.
In what could be a WWE-liked innovation for UFC, the bout between Carano and Rousey will reportedly require the combatants to wear bikini and fight in an arena filled with slimy jelly.
Nevada Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer reportedly backed up UFC's plan to stage a bikini, jello match between two of the most popular MMA women's fighters in the world.
"We are very excited to help the UFC usher in this new breed of combat sports and look forward to a new exciting kind of MMA that fans of all ages and backgrounds can get behind."
There's still no confirmation to verify the validity of the report by MMA.com, but isn't it the right time for MMA junkies to finally watch some really good entertainment. Come on, Carano and Rousey in bikinis? That's the best thing that could happen on TV. Dana, please make it happen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage