Memphis Meltdown: Despite Off Night from Durant, Westbrook, Thunder Steals G4 From Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 4:09 PM EST
There goes the Memphis Grizzlies' chance to put the Oklahoma City Thunder on the ropes.
Reggie Jackson came up big in the waning moments of Game 4 in the first round best-of-seven series in the Western Conference Playoffs to tow the Thunder to a stirring come-from-behind 92-89 victory.
With Kevin Durant (5-21 FG, 15 points) and Russell Westbrook (6-24 FG, 15 points) struggling against the tough Grizz D all night, it was Jackson who hit the key baskets near the end of regulation that forced the game into overtime.
With a 5-point Memphis lead, Jackson hit a long three-pointer with 59 seconds to go and then had another jumper with 30 seconds to go to tie the game at 80 apiece. He wasn't done too after scoring 8 of OKC's dozen points in the extra period.
Jackson finished with a game-high 32 points on 11-of-16 field goal shooting virtually saving the series and avoiding what could have been a 1-3 lead by the Grizzlies.
Memphis appeared to put Oklahoma City behind with great plays by Tony Allen (14 points and 13 rebounds), Marc Gasol (23 points and 11 rebonds) and Mike Conley (14 points and 10 assists) before the meltdown.
Game 5 is on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the OKC-MEM match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS