Memphis Meltdown: Despite Off Night from Durant, Westbrook, Thunder Steals G4 From Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 4:09 PM EST
There goes the Memphis Grizzlies' chance to put the Oklahoma City Thunder on the ropes.
Reggie Jackson came up big in the waning moments of Game 4 in the first round best-of-seven series in the Western Conference Playoffs to tow the Thunder to a stirring come-from-behind 92-89 victory.
With Kevin Durant (5-21 FG, 15 points) and Russell Westbrook (6-24 FG, 15 points) struggling against the tough Grizz D all night, it was Jackson who hit the key baskets near the end of regulation that forced the game into overtime.
With a 5-point Memphis lead, Jackson hit a long three-pointer with 59 seconds to go and then had another jumper with 30 seconds to go to tie the game at 80 apiece. He wasn't done too after scoring 8 of OKC's dozen points in the extra period.
Jackson finished with a game-high 32 points on 11-of-16 field goal shooting virtually saving the series and avoiding what could have been a 1-3 lead by the Grizzlies.
Memphis appeared to put Oklahoma City behind with great plays by Tony Allen (14 points and 13 rebounds), Marc Gasol (23 points and 11 rebonds) and Mike Conley (14 points and 10 assists) before the meltdown.
Game 5 is on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the OKC-MEM match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best