Memphis Meltdown: Despite Off Night from Durant, Westbrook, Thunder Steals G4 From Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 4:09 PM EST
There goes the Memphis Grizzlies' chance to put the Oklahoma City Thunder on the ropes.
Reggie Jackson came up big in the waning moments of Game 4 in the first round best-of-seven series in the Western Conference Playoffs to tow the Thunder to a stirring come-from-behind 92-89 victory.
With Kevin Durant (5-21 FG, 15 points) and Russell Westbrook (6-24 FG, 15 points) struggling against the tough Grizz D all night, it was Jackson who hit the key baskets near the end of regulation that forced the game into overtime.
With a 5-point Memphis lead, Jackson hit a long three-pointer with 59 seconds to go and then had another jumper with 30 seconds to go to tie the game at 80 apiece. He wasn't done too after scoring 8 of OKC's dozen points in the extra period.
Jackson finished with a game-high 32 points on 11-of-16 field goal shooting virtually saving the series and avoiding what could have been a 1-3 lead by the Grizzlies.
Memphis appeared to put Oklahoma City behind with great plays by Tony Allen (14 points and 13 rebounds), Marc Gasol (23 points and 11 rebonds) and Mike Conley (14 points and 10 assists) before the meltdown.
Game 5 is on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the OKC-MEM match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James