Memphis Meltdown: Despite Off Night from Durant, Westbrook, Thunder Steals G4 From Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 4:09 PM EST
There goes the Memphis Grizzlies' chance to put the Oklahoma City Thunder on the ropes.
Reggie Jackson came up big in the waning moments of Game 4 in the first round best-of-seven series in the Western Conference Playoffs to tow the Thunder to a stirring come-from-behind 92-89 victory.
With Kevin Durant (5-21 FG, 15 points) and Russell Westbrook (6-24 FG, 15 points) struggling against the tough Grizz D all night, it was Jackson who hit the key baskets near the end of regulation that forced the game into overtime.
With a 5-point Memphis lead, Jackson hit a long three-pointer with 59 seconds to go and then had another jumper with 30 seconds to go to tie the game at 80 apiece. He wasn't done too after scoring 8 of OKC's dozen points in the extra period.
Jackson finished with a game-high 32 points on 11-of-16 field goal shooting virtually saving the series and avoiding what could have been a 1-3 lead by the Grizzlies.
Memphis appeared to put Oklahoma City behind with great plays by Tony Allen (14 points and 13 rebounds), Marc Gasol (23 points and 11 rebonds) and Mike Conley (14 points and 10 assists) before the meltdown.
Game 5 is on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 4 of the OKC-MEM match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report