Rumoured Nexus 6 Base-Model LG G3 Will Keep Patented Back Buttons on Release Date?
By Erik Pineda | April 27, 2014 2:26 PM EST
What is believed as the Nexus 6 pattern this 2014 will reportedly keep the feature that became the device's unique trademark - the LG G3 will boast of the same rear control keys that were introduced with the LG G2 in 2013.
The same back buttons, however, were given the enhancement treatment, according to a new report by GSM Arena.
Citing its anonymous tipster, which also supplied the leak with an image showing the supposed G3 back plate, the same GSM Arena report also claimed that LG made efforts to redesign the back-located control keys that in the G2 functioned as the volume rocker and webpage or document navigator.
In the G3, the same controller is likely embedded with sensors or mimicking the same features that Samsung has packed with the Galaxy S5, mainly to monitor users' blood pressure.
The tech site speculated too that part of the G3 feature upgrades is a second LED flash for the device's main camera though it noted that this was not specifically indicated in the picture provided.
What can be gleaned, however, are specs that are notable bump ups from the previous iteration and leading the pack is up to 3GB of RAM provisions. The internal memory could also offer two options - 16GB and 32GB, as shown on the visible handwritten notes behind the back-facing handset.
While the key camera features were not mentioned, GSM Arena is convinced that optical image stabilisation will be part of the camera shooting upgrades.
Clearly, the highlight of the leaked details is LG's decision to rollover the back buttons from the G2 to G3. But the same feature is not expected to make the final cut in the event that the same flagship is used by Google as pattern for the Nexus 6.
That was the case when the Nexus 5 last year was moulded after the LG G2.
The deliberate omission, however, seems acceptable for Nexus fans who are anticipating that the sequel will flash the same latest Snapdragon CPU and Adreno GPU that the G3 will show off right out of the box.
And as the G3 display will allegedly showcase a 5.5-inch display panel with 2K resolution or 2560 x 1440 screen pixels, the Nexus 6 is also seen to jump to the phablet bandwagon - its front real estate stretching to 5.2-inch from last year's 4.99-inch viewer.
The LG G3 release date is forecasted to happen between May and July 2014 while Google has indicated that the Nexus 6 will go live on the Play Store in the second half of the year, probably between August and October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James