Carter's Buzzer-Beater Gives Dallas 2-1 Series Lead Over San Antonio
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 1:29 PM EST
Dallas Mavericks old man Vince Carter wouldn't allow the San Antonio Spurs to steal back homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series after hitting a three-pointer on the buzzer in Game 3 of this first round match-up in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Dallas protected home floor winning 109-108 over the West defending champs and grabbed a 2-1 lead in the series. Game 4 is on Monday.
Carter came off the benc to score 11 points but none more important than the last three. Monta Ellis had a game-high 29 points while Dirk Nowitzki was solid with 18 points,7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Two other starters also plaed well for Dallas. Center Samuel Dalembert had a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds plus 4 blocked shots while point guard Jose Calderon had 16 points and 9 assists.
Tim Duncan had 22 points for the Spurs which had a 5-point lead with just under two minutes to go in the game.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 3 of the San Antonio-Dallas match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles