Carter's Buzzer-Beater Gives Dallas 2-1 Series Lead Over San Antonio
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 1:29 PM EST
Dallas Mavericks old man Vince Carter wouldn't allow the San Antonio Spurs to steal back homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series after hitting a three-pointer on the buzzer in Game 3 of this first round match-up in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Dallas protected home floor winning 109-108 over the West defending champs and grabbed a 2-1 lead in the series. Game 4 is on Monday.
Carter came off the benc to score 11 points but none more important than the last three. Monta Ellis had a game-high 29 points while Dirk Nowitzki was solid with 18 points,7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Two other starters also plaed well for Dallas. Center Samuel Dalembert had a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds plus 4 blocked shots while point guard Jose Calderon had 16 points and 9 assists.
Tim Duncan had 22 points for the Spurs which had a 5-point lead with just under two minutes to go in the game.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 3 of the San Antonio-Dallas match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Hamburg Musician Sascha Herchenbach Pays Tribute To Michael Schumacher