Carter's Buzzer-Beater Gives Dallas 2-1 Series Lead Over San Antonio
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 1:29 PM EST
Dallas Mavericks old man Vince Carter wouldn't allow the San Antonio Spurs to steal back homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series after hitting a three-pointer on the buzzer in Game 3 of this first round match-up in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Dallas protected home floor winning 109-108 over the West defending champs and grabbed a 2-1 lead in the series. Game 4 is on Monday.
Carter came off the benc to score 11 points but none more important than the last three. Monta Ellis had a game-high 29 points while Dirk Nowitzki was solid with 18 points,7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Two other starters also plaed well for Dallas. Center Samuel Dalembert had a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds plus 4 blocked shots while point guard Jose Calderon had 16 points and 9 assists.
Tim Duncan had 22 points for the Spurs which had a 5-point lead with just under two minutes to go in the game.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 3 of the San Antonio-Dallas match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand