Carter's Buzzer-Beater Gives Dallas 2-1 Series Lead Over San Antonio
By James Patrick Quizon | April 27, 2014 1:29 PM EST
Dallas Mavericks old man Vince Carter wouldn't allow the San Antonio Spurs to steal back homecourt advantage in this best-of-seven series after hitting a three-pointer on the buzzer in Game 3 of this first round match-up in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
Dallas protected home floor winning 109-108 over the West defending champs and grabbed a 2-1 lead in the series. Game 4 is on Monday.
Carter came off the benc to score 11 points but none more important than the last three. Monta Ellis had a game-high 29 points while Dirk Nowitzki was solid with 18 points,7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Two other starters also plaed well for Dallas. Center Samuel Dalembert had a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds plus 4 blocked shots while point guard Jose Calderon had 16 points and 9 assists.
Tim Duncan had 22 points for the Spurs which had a 5-point lead with just under two minutes to go in the game.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 3 of the San Antonio-Dallas match-up in the NBA Playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design