H1Z1 Release Date Update: Preview Footage and Gameplay Features
By Karla Danica Figuerres | April 27, 2014 12:22 PM EST
After Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley announced H1Z1, a number of videos emerged with surprising amount of information about SOE's new zombie-survival game ahead of its release date.
Undoubtedly, H1Z1 is one of the most exciting games announced this month, given Sony's experience with massive-multiplayer genre. It the first attempt of Sony Online Entertainment to create a zombie-survival title. In the game, players will begin by foraging for supplies and hunting for wildlife before moving on to the zombie-infested remains of human civilisation.
As players eventually have enough supplies to make their own marks on the world, they will be able to build everything from single-room shacks to complex compounds. H1Z1 opens its doors next month and as early as now, videos have focused on smaller structures and gears to be used during the first hours of the game.
Functional firearms in H1Z1 will be incredibly rare unlike in DayZ or Rust. Furthermore, players will frequently be forced to collaborate with other players in taking down a sizeable group of zombies. Melee weapons will be the primary means of dispatching zombies but as the game progresses, players will be able to craft a variety of edged and blunt weapons.
Players are encouraged to work together in groups to keep crowds of zombies away from highways, abandoned towns and other locations, which tend to have the most valuable supplies.
Thus far, H1Z1 release date is expected soon to be open for public exploration after four months from January when Sony Online Entertainment began to work on H1Z1. As such, it is possible that it will take some time before H1Z1 will be ready to ditch the Early Access label.
John Smedley, Sony Online Entertainment president has returned to H1Z1 subreddit a number of times and he said that players can expect to see Air Drops included in the game but the feature will focus on supplies and food instead of weapons.
Moreover, he clarified issues on looting as players will drop their gear upon death but given the F2P leanings purchased gear will be replaced with a less durable version of the item.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast