UFC 172 Live Stream & Highlights: Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira Preview, Fight Card and Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | April 27, 2014 11:53 AM EST
Jon Jones will try to defend his UFC Light Heavyweight championship belt for the seventh straight time against no.1 contender Glover Teixeira in the main event of UFC 172 on Saturday in Baltimore, Maryland.
Coming perhaps the most difficult fight of his career against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, the 26-year old Jones looks to further enhance his legendary mixed martial arts resume when he slugs it out with the up-and-coming Teixeira.
Teixeira has been undefeated in his first five fights inside the UFC Octagon, and his knockout victory over light heavyweight contender Ryan Bader last September earned him a shot at Jones.
Better Bones For Longevity
Jones admitted that he went through a nasty showdown with Gustafsson in his last outing inside the octagon, stressing he needs to change his tactics and sharpen his skills set to stay on top of his game.
"I realized I needed to switch up my strategy and begin improvising a little bit more, and that's what I did," Jones said during Friday's pre-fight interview. "I think with Gus I was trying to fight like a technical kick boxing match and I think I was losing at that. I just had to switch my style up and start flowing a little better and start winging things, making up, creating, and finding new openings."
The champion said he wants to restore his status as the most dominant fighter in mixed martial arts.
"I'm totally prepared to fight for five rounds, but my goal in this fight is to dominate the fight in a way that no one seen possible," Jones said. Domination is in my psychology. It's the way I train. It's the way I eat. It's the way I visualize. It's the way I believe.
"If I don't dominate the fight, I'll still be happy with the victory. But domination is what I'm planning on."
Then again, Teixeira is certainly not a pushover and having a tremendous knockout power could be his biggest weapon to pulling off a huge upset Saturday night.
UFC 172 Main Card (10 p.m. ET on Pay-Per-View)
Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira / Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson / Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch / Jim Miller vs. Yancy Medeiros / Max Holloway vs. Andre Fili
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica