Watch English Premier League: Manchester United vs Norwich Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | April 27, 2014 1:13 AM EST
The "proudest moment of my life" Ryan Giggs said after being named interim manager of Manchester United, the only club he known as a professional player. The United icon will look to inspire his jaded, and underperforming players to a four-game winning tilt to finish the season, starting with the English Premier League game against Norwich at Old Trafford.
Where to Watch Live:
The match is scheduled for a 5.30 pm BST (10 pm IST, 12.30 pm ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. The action can also be watched online via live streaming in India HERE. Watch the game in the US HERE, while UK viewers can watch the match live HERE. Viewers in the Middle East and North Africa can live stream the action HERE, while South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa viewers can do so HERE. Latin America viewers can live stream the game HERE. The game can be live streamed by Canada viewers HERE, while Australia viewers can do the same HERE.
"I've got to say it's the proudest moment of my life," Giggs said at his first media conference as United manager. "I've supported Manchester United all my life, it's been the biggest part of my life since I was 14 when I signed schoolboy forms. I'm proud, happy, a little bit nervous but just like I am as a player I can't wait for the game on Saturday."
Plenty, and then some, has happened over the past week at United, with David Moyes seeing his miserable ten-month reign as United manager come to an end on Tuesday, while names, as big as they come, continue to be named over the next potential long-term candidate to take over at Old Trafford.
Come Saturday evening, though, United really have nothing to play for, with a Champions League place out of their reach, but Giggs and his players will know the importance of not just three points, but three points with style, something which was rarely the case under Moyes.
"It's going to be my philosophy, the Manchester United philosophy as I've been here for all of my career," added Giggs, who has brought in former teammates Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt to his coaching staff. "I want players to play with passion, speed, tempo and be brave with imagination, all the things that are expected of a Manchester United player.
"To work hard but, most of all, enjoy it. As a player I know if I'm enjoying the game I can express myself a lot more and that's what I'll be asking the team to do tomorrow.
"I'll tell the players just to try to enjoy yourself, express yourself. My immediate aim is to win on Saturday and I felt the way to do that was to make training as enjoyable as I can so they can go out and play. I think we have done that."
Norwich, however, have everything to play for as they fight to stay in the Premier League. The Canaries currently lie 17th in the table, just two points above the relegation zone. Norwich have won just two of their last 13 Premier League matches, with new manager Neil Adams, also very much a novice like Giggs, yet to lead his team to a victory.
"I don't think many people would have predicted myself and Ryan Giggs standing in opposite dugouts at the start of the season," Adams told Norwich City TV. "It's happened, whether it's a good or bad for us we'll see on Saturday. It's one of those things that caught everybody by surprise I think, despite the poor season relatively speaking that United have had.
"You're thinking about which players he might bring back in, which players he's played with, and we've all seen the coaching staff he's brought in, who will have the same values and philosophies and who came through under Sir Alex Ferguson."
The Canaries were impressive against Liverpool in their last game, despite going down 3-2, and Adams will expect a similar performance at Old Trafford on Saturday.
"You want to go there and win," he added. "I want to come away from Old Trafford with three points. "We saw from the second half against Liverpool that it's irrelevant whether you're underdogs or not expected to win, it's about you and how you go about your business.
"Manchester United have been a lot stronger in previous seasons. It's not been a great season for them by any means. There's never a nice time to go to Old Trafford though - you're always going to be in for a tough game because of the calibre of players they've got.
"We'll be ready for them, we know what they're capable of but also I hope they're concerned a little bit about what we can do as well."
Team news: Manchester United: Only Rafael and Robin Van Persie are confirmed absentees for the home side with Giggs expected to make a few changes to his side as he looks to stamp his authority and move on from the Moyes era.
Norwich: Joseph Yobo remains sidelined but Elliott Bennett returns from a long-term injury.
Expected lineups: Manchester United: De Gea; Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Fletcher, Carrick; Valencia, Mata, Januzaj; Rooney.
Norwich: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin, Turner, Olsson; Snodgrass, Johnson, Fer, Howson, Redmond; Hooper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica