Dark Souls 2: New Workaround for Start-up Crash in Game's PC Version
By Aditya Bhat | April 27, 2014 1:11 AM EST
Action RPG Dark Souls 2, developed by From Software and publishers Namco Bandai, had a problem that was ruining the gaming experience for the players - crashing at start-up in the PC version. Now, a workaround has been reportedly made, allowing users to play without any hitch.
Dark Souls 2 PC was released on 25 April.
The fix was created by a Steam user - Keys. Namco Bandai said that the workarounds are effective but also added that they may not work for everyone. They have suggested two workarounds, Crave Online reported.
- On AMD video cards, go to Control Center. Under Properties (digital flat-panel), enable GPU scaling. Apply and start game.
- Select Dark Souls 2 in Steam.
- Unplug your HDMI/DVI Cable.
- Hit Enter (this will start the game).
- Plug it back in. Using this workaround the game is locked to windowed mode 1280×720.
- After setting your resolution and fullscreen mode in the options menu, restart the game using the same technique. For some people this will allow the game to be played at their desired resolution and in fullscreen mode. Some people have reported about not having sound after using this workaround.
This method will bypass the start-up crash, allowing players to play the game and get killed again and again (The game is one of the hardest to survive with a single life).
On some of the issues troubling the game, they had issued a post on Steam that read: "We'll be working hard to escalate and investigate any problems you're having. We will also continue to monitor these forums for any further issues."
The game takes players on a journey, following an undead and cursed character, who has to face numerous monsters, and battle them on his way to the Drangleic Castle, where he has to collect souls to hold the curse that erases his memory.
The action RPG game was released on 11 March for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game was released for PC on 25 April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation