Watch RCB Press the Self-Destruct Button: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 26, 2014 11:37 PM EST
In a game they will want to forget as quickly as possible, the Royal Challengers Bangalore suffered a heavy six-wicket defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals in Match 14 of IPL 2014 in Abu Dhabi.
RCB, batting first, forgot how to wield the willow for 15 overs, gifting away one wicket after another to fold for a mere 70.
The chase was never really going to be anything but academic, as the Royals breached the target with seven overs and six wickets to spare.
"Just one of those days where we kept losing wickets every over, and in T20 cricket we cannot afford that, the game will get away from you pretty quickly, Kohli said.
"I think Rajasthan bowled well, but we didn't play the right shots. There were a couple of played-ons, one run out and every shot seemed to go to the fielder, so we know it is not going to happen every time.
"It was a pretty good batting wicket, but we just needed to apply ourselves more. I know we are a much better side, and we have to bounce back."
The Royals, after a disappointing defeat to the Chennai Super Kings, when they themselves pressed the panic button with a win in sight, will be happy as punch with their outing on Saturday, and Shane Watson will want his side to continue in the same vein.
"It's was great way for us to bounce back after that loss against Chennai," Watson said.
The RR skipper also had words of praise for leg-spinner Pravin Tambe, who picked up a four-wicket haul. "He is very skilful and reads the batsman's mind very well," Watson added.
"He is a very cagey bowler, I play him a lot of the nets and it is always difficult."
The Royal Challengers will want to forget this match as quickly as possible, and a bounce-back victory will be essential when they play on Monday against the Kings XI Punjab.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation