Watch RCB Press the Self-Destruct Button: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 26, 2014 11:37 PM EST
In a game they will want to forget as quickly as possible, the Royal Challengers Bangalore suffered a heavy six-wicket defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals in Match 14 of IPL 2014 in Abu Dhabi.
RCB, batting first, forgot how to wield the willow for 15 overs, gifting away one wicket after another to fold for a mere 70.
The chase was never really going to be anything but academic, as the Royals breached the target with seven overs and six wickets to spare.
"Just one of those days where we kept losing wickets every over, and in T20 cricket we cannot afford that, the game will get away from you pretty quickly, Kohli said.
"I think Rajasthan bowled well, but we didn't play the right shots. There were a couple of played-ons, one run out and every shot seemed to go to the fielder, so we know it is not going to happen every time.
"It was a pretty good batting wicket, but we just needed to apply ourselves more. I know we are a much better side, and we have to bounce back."
The Royals, after a disappointing defeat to the Chennai Super Kings, when they themselves pressed the panic button with a win in sight, will be happy as punch with their outing on Saturday, and Shane Watson will want his side to continue in the same vein.
"It's was great way for us to bounce back after that loss against Chennai," Watson said.
The RR skipper also had words of praise for leg-spinner Pravin Tambe, who picked up a four-wicket haul. "He is very skilful and reads the batsman's mind very well," Watson added.
"He is a very cagey bowler, I play him a lot of the nets and it is always difficult."
The Royal Challengers will want to forget this match as quickly as possible, and a bounce-back victory will be essential when they play on Monday against the Kings XI Punjab.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date