Watch RCB Press the Self-Destruct Button: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | April 26, 2014 11:37 PM EST
In a game they will want to forget as quickly as possible, the Royal Challengers Bangalore suffered a heavy six-wicket defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals in Match 14 of IPL 2014 in Abu Dhabi.
RCB, batting first, forgot how to wield the willow for 15 overs, gifting away one wicket after another to fold for a mere 70.
The chase was never really going to be anything but academic, as the Royals breached the target with seven overs and six wickets to spare.
"Just one of those days where we kept losing wickets every over, and in T20 cricket we cannot afford that, the game will get away from you pretty quickly, Kohli said.
"I think Rajasthan bowled well, but we didn't play the right shots. There were a couple of played-ons, one run out and every shot seemed to go to the fielder, so we know it is not going to happen every time.
"It was a pretty good batting wicket, but we just needed to apply ourselves more. I know we are a much better side, and we have to bounce back."
The Royals, after a disappointing defeat to the Chennai Super Kings, when they themselves pressed the panic button with a win in sight, will be happy as punch with their outing on Saturday, and Shane Watson will want his side to continue in the same vein.
"It's was great way for us to bounce back after that loss against Chennai," Watson said.
The RR skipper also had words of praise for leg-spinner Pravin Tambe, who picked up a four-wicket haul. "He is very skilful and reads the batsman's mind very well," Watson added.
"He is a very cagey bowler, I play him a lot of the nets and it is always difficult."
The Royal Challengers will want to forget this match as quickly as possible, and a bounce-back victory will be essential when they play on Monday against the Kings XI Punjab.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health