GTA 5 Online: High Life Update Confirmed; Source Code Hints Jetpacks; Flying Saucer Mod and Huntley SUV Unearthed
By Aditya Bhat | April 26, 2014 8:26 PM EST
The waiting has paid off as Rockstar Games, developer of GTA Online, has confirmed that High Life update is in development.
"To clarify, there will be new high-end apartments as a part of the High Life update," said Rockstar's Brain B in a post on the official support page. "These are brand new apartments, so we are talking about new interior as well. I don't want to spoil everything for you, though, so stay tuned for the update!" he added.
GTA Online was released on 1 October. (Facebook)
Brain B also added that players have to first opt for a property, which will be the location where their car will be dropped, and then they have to choose the car when they call the mechanic.
This update will allow players to own two properties, and each property will have a garage. So when players will call for the mechanic, they will have to specify which apartment's garage they want their car to be delivered at.
In another Reddit thread, Rockstar said that players can drive their vehicles form one garage to the other. It also added that if players drive them from first to the second, things will be rearranged in that order.
The update will reportedly introduce vehicles like Pegassi Zentorno and Dinka Thrust, weapons like Bullpup Rifle and players can also expect the addition of new jobs, Cinema Blend reported.
Rockstar has only said that it will release the update in spring, and players are now waiting to know which Tuesday it will be. Since Rockstar has the habit of having its releases on that day.
Source Code Hints Jetpacks
Rockstar is planning to roll out jetpacks in GTA 5, suggests the game's source code. This was discovered by a modder, Chr0m3 x MoDz, over at Se7enSins.
The modder has unearthed the game codes which mention the jetpack. Currently, there are not jetpacks in the game.
Though these references could be scrapped during the development of the game, GameSpot argues that these were not existing before the roll out of 1.12 update.
Previous GTA games like San Andreas provided players with Jet Packs.
DRIVEBY_JETPACK // Setting it so you can shoot from the JETPACK just like parachute
.?AVCGadgetJetpack@@ // the actual jetpack just like parachute.
XBL Toothpik found possible skis .data:838E1118 00000012 C .?AVCGadgetSkis@@
.rdata:820571DC 0000000D C START_SKIING
.rdata:820571D4 00000007 C SKIING
.rdata:820571C4 0000000E C FINISH_SKIING
Flying Saucer Mod
A modder, ECB2 over at Se7en Sins, created a mod in GTA 5 that will allow players to fly a saucer. This mod will enable players who enter any vehicle to transform it into a saucer.
How to use:
1. As always, get rid of your title updates.
2. Replace your cheat_controller with the one provided here.
3. Spawn/find any vehicle, best with skylift, but any vehicle works.
4. Sit inside it.
5. Enter the "Give Parachute" cheat.
6. Your vehicle should now be a UFO.
One of the greatest secrets in the game is the Mystery of Mt. Chiliad. The game also has various hints and symbols of UFOs across the game map.
It has been suggested by IGN that players who are able to unlock the secrets of this mountain might get Jetpack as a reward. But why not a flying saucer?
(YouTube Courtesy: Mark Rosette Ecb)
The Huntley SUV Unearthed
A player, Funmw2, has been looking at the files of the game and has found some new information that was hidden in them. He says that vehicles like Massacro, the Huntley and the Zentorno will roll out for the game.
Huntley was a part of the earlier GTA games and so it is likely to make its appearance in GTA 5 too, reported Motoring Crunch.
Money Freezing Exploit
Rockstar has brought about a hot fix to the money freezing exploit in GTA Online that used to let players buy anything, without having to spend any of the in-game cash.
As a result, it had temporarily disabled Content Creator but now it is back working again. "Access to the GTA Online Creator is once again available. Thanks for your patience and understanding" said Rockstar in its Support site."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October