Box Office Collection: ‘Revolver Rani’ Performs Better than ‘Kaanchi’ and ‘Samrat & Co.’
By Ankita Mehta | April 26, 2014 8:09 PM EST
"Kaanchi: The Unbreakable", "Revolver Rani" and "Samrat & Co." had a poor start at the collection centers in India. The films failed to garner audience attention on the first day itself.
Among the three films, Kangana Ranaut's comedy film "Revolver Rani" has scored well on Friday. The film directed by Sai Kabir raked in ₹1.5 crore nett on opening day.
"Revolver Rani" opened better than others due to Ranaut. This is Ranaut's second film of 2014 after "Queen". The actress had impressed critics with her acting in "Queen".
In "Revolver Rani" also she has given out one of her best performances, but it's the storyline and screenplay, which has scored negative markings from critics.
The collection is expected to grow further during the weekend, but it's unlikely that the film will witness tremendous growth. Saturday and Sunday's box office result will determine whether the film will survive in the long run.
The second release "Kaanchi" directed by Subhash Ghai has received negative response from critics as well as audiences. The opening day occupancy was only 10 percent due to which the collection of the film is also poor.
From foremost day, the women oriented film accumulated only ₹75 lakh. The opening day collection of "Kaanchi" is less than Ghai's films released decade ago.
Ghai's "Yaadien" and "Kisna" both flopped at the box office, but the films managed to rake in more than 1.5 crore from opening day run.
The third film "Samrat & Co." starring Rajeev Khandelwal had a dismal performance at the box office. The film earned only ₹25 lakh on Friday. Looking at the opening day figure it is evident that the film is a flop and won't survive at the box office in long run.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales