Nexus 6 Release Date: Google Smartphone to Have Processor Similar to iPhone 5S
By Raymond Ronamai | April 26, 2014 7:51 PM EST
It seems Google is following Apple's lead for its upcoming smartphone, dubbed Nexus 6, which is expected to be released this fall. Latest reports have it that the device will feature the processor seen in the Cupertino giant's current flagship device iPhone 5S.
Screenshot from Google website
However, it is not sure whether the low-cost Nexus 6 will be powered by a "quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip clocked at 1.5GHz, or the octa-core MT6752 SoC running at a frequency of 2.0GHz", according to G4Games website.
The search engine giant has always wanted to return to the Chinese market, despite leaving it in 2010, and would use its partnership with MediaTek to penetrate the market, reported Economic Daily. Meanwhile, the fabless semiconductor company is also understood to be trying to attract other smartphone makers like Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, through its collaboration with Google.
Nexus 6, a purported sequel to the much-acclaimed Nexus 5, is expected to be unveiled in the second half of the year, despite some reports claiming that it would be released at Google's I/O Developers Conference on 25 and 26 June in San Francisco. Google VP Sundar Pichai had said during the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced only in October.
According to reports, the smartphone may sport a 5.2-inch full HD and curved LCD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, powered by a 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset with 3GB RAM and will run on Android 4.5 Lollypop. It will be waterproof, will house a 3200+ mAh battery and have features that allow users to have access to Google content, like movies, videos, games, etc on their TVs.
It was earlier reported that the device would have a 13MP main camera and a 5MP front snapper but Tech Cocktail claims that it would feature a 20MP camera with HDR mode and other stunning graphics.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery