IIFA Awards 2014: Will Amitabh Bachchan and Family Attend the Show in Tampa Bay?
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 26, 2014 7:32 PM EST
Bollywood's A-list family, the Bachchan's have not been spotted leaving for the IIFA Awards ceremony in Florida, when almost the entire industry has flown down to the US.
Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek and Amitabh Bachchan to Recreate ‘Kajra Re’ Magic?
The 15th IIFA Awards, which will be held in Tampa Bay, is set to be a grand event with star studded performances and associated functions before the main do.
Prominent names like Priyanka Chopra, Anil Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapoor and others will be seen at IIFA. But Bachchan family's attendance is still doubtful. As many would recall that Amitabh Bachchan had once been the face of IIFA and acted as the group's brand ambassador.
But Big B had dissociated himself with the awards ceremony back in 2011, after announcing that IIFA didn't require his services anymore.
Not only was the senior actor absent from IIFA 2011, which was held in Ontario, Canada, but was also missing from the event in 2010.
An official declaration from IIFA had confirmed the actor's statements but had refused to divulge details on the fallout between the two parties.
However, reports have claimed that during IIFA 2010, the Bachchan family had refused to go to Sri Lanka, which led to tensions and eventually the "Bhoothnath Returns" actor cut ties with the IIFA team in 2011.
Ever since Bachchan's dissociation with the project IIFA has not had any other ambassador.
Reports of truce floated after it was alleged that the senior actor would grace a ceremony in IIFA 2013 in Macau, but the actor eventually missed out on the event too.
However, Abhishek Bachchan performed in the awards ceremony in 2013.
In such a situation, the Bachchan family's participation in IIFA 2014 remains highly questionable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date